Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great atus 2008-01-30 11:43

Hi David,
very interesting and well composed shot from this intriguing country, I plan to visit one day. This kind of devotion I've seen in Turkmenistan and sincerly I like the unicity of these few countries, remained on earth.
How did you reach DPRK? I mean, with which airways company. Is it possible to enter and leave it also by road from/to South Korea? Tfs and best wishes.
Attila

Old 01-31-2008, 02:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To atus: Getting to North Korea

Hi Attila,

Thanks for your critique. I flew to Pyongyang on Air Koryo from Beijing. That is the only airline operating into the DPRK. I hope you are not a nervous flyer, because they use 25-30 year old Russian-built Ilyushin 62s. If you ARE a nervous flyer, then taking the train from Beijing would be your other option. I don't think you can go by road from South Korea, but that might be changing soon with the improvement in relations between the North and the South.

Cheers . . . David
Old 01-31-2008, 06:30 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To atus: Getting to North Korea

Hi David,
Old 01-31-2008, 06:43 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To atus: Getting to North Korea

I was afraid of the fact that the local airtransport co. is the only one, which serves Pyongyang (:-(. I'm not a flight addict, so if never will change in the near future, I will choose the train from Beijing, for sure. Thank you very much for your kind infos!
Best wishes.
Attila