Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great THY 2008-01-02 16:31

I like Estonia.
I have been there once.
The Old towns and friendly people are impressive.
I may visit again when available.
Hoping to see you at there. Haha.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:07 PM
TE Expert

Default To THY: Shengen visas now, it's much easier to deal with Eu

Well, due to stupid confrontation between certain political groups in Russia and Esthonia getting their visa was a royal pain in the... well, somewhere. So I never wanted to, actually. If someone do not want to see me, why should I bother? There are lot of interesting places all around the world.
But now, as Esthonia is a member of Shengen, I don't have to take their visa, I can use my Finnish one.
I'll drive to Helsinki and take a ferry from there straight to Tallin. It's easy and I'm planning this, as Tallin is a interestiong town.
So maybe we can meet there, ha!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
TE Senior Member

Default I know Shengen

I took the ferry from Helsinki to Tallin as well.
There are two companies running the line. I took the Viking.
It is not too bad. Being a chinese, it is easier to get Visa all over the world. On contrary, if we use our British passport, you have to apply visa in many countries except United States.

THY
Old 01-06-2008, 10:32 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: I know Shengen

And we have some problems with certain countries, for example, it's was hard to get visa from Poland and Baltic states; it's very easy with Finland, though. Half of the people in St-petersburg have a Finnish Shengen, it seeems to.
And lot of the people have German visas, as lot of the business is connected with Germany.
Oh, and getting British visa last year become almost impossible, as they are being mad about all these spy-killing affairs.