Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pboehringer 2007-11-26 7:49

Antonio, I just saw 2 weeks ago a long reportage on the Ocavango Delta at Channel Discovery. Lucky you that you made it to this place. The landscape that you captured here is simply gorgeous although I miss somewhat your usual quality of image. It almost resembles as if it is a scanned shot. Maybe the reason is the low shutter speed as Izzet suggested it in his critique or maybe a dirty Cessna window?
Regards, Peter

Old 11-26-2007, 11:08 PM
TE Expert

Default To pboehringer: A mix of it

Hi Peter,
You are right, it looks like a scan. The image quality is in reality a mix of what you mention and also the result of the “bath” in the Zambezi River the camera had. And things only got worse towards the end of my trip.
Cheers,
Antonio
Old 11-26-2007, 11:57 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To pboehringer: A mix of it

Water and a camera is a very bad combination! Don't tell me that your camera ended up somewhere in the Okavango because I really would like to see some shots from the namebian desert.
Did you have to buy a new camera?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:58 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To pboehringer: A mix of it

Yes Peter, my camera ended up in water, not in the Okavango but in the Zambezi River, in Victoria Falls. Please read my note <a herf=http://www.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=3&p=738128>here</a>.
And that was on day 2 of the 12 days tour!
I kept shooting with the 30D but it was getting worse by the day. Now, the camera has been repaired by CANON and they say it complies with their standards and gave 6 month warranty.
Cheers,
Antonio