Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-12-2004, 07:01 PM

Default Re critiques on "Historic London"

First up I'd like to thank everyone who's written a critique! Now to answer specific questions:

Roland/Guzman: Metering was relatively straightforward, I took the shot on Auto then looked at the histogram and based on that took a 2nd one at -2EV. Then used the new Blended Exposures technique (linked in Tips/Tech) to extend the dynamic range.

BobT: Straight out of the camera, no smoothing required. If anything I may have sharpened the whole scene... At 100ASA the 10d is remarkably noise free even for long exposures - I'll send you some 100% crops if you like! Yes according to the spec the aperture has eight blades, so my theory seems to have some credibility ;-) Less DOF would have isolated the fountain, but it would have removed my main point of interest - the alignment of the right hand fountain/tree/church set.

Ken/Flip89: I have that most wonderful device a pocket neutron bomb - I removes crowds in a matter of seconds ;-) Seriously though it was a cold drizzly day a couple of days after New Years - most sane people were indoors, and not out taking photographs!