Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Luko 2007-09-24 10:10

I am left wondering with this one. This is quite a difficult task for me...

On the positive side I have barely seen such formal geometrical play, there is absolutely nothing I can nitpick about, there's even a square sewer lid that echoes the circular Yin/yang sign on the other side of the border.

.. bu that desaturation.. John.. why did you chose desaturation : that is so tacky! ... couldn't you work on the color range? Partial desaturation is a alltime no-no for me, a capital sin in photography...

How am I going to JUDGE this photography now? What kind of punishment or reward shall I give? This is greek tragedy...

As I guess you don't care much about the points, I am going to cut this gordian knot by giving you a NR mark. No green, no yellow.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Luko: Desaturation...

Yes, I know and I rarely do the partial desaturation thing. But for this one the all color version looked fairly bad, with the stones being a yellowish cream color with teh moss in between being a bit brighter yellow. I need to work on my B&W skills also and did not have the skills to really bring out the man and Yin Yang contrast wise to really make it look good in all B&W.

I do agree with you though, that once a partial desaturation happens, it's no longer a real photo...more like a piece of art (and I say art in a very loose sense of the word).

Your critique is, and is always, appreciated. Worth more than a couple of points.

Thanks,
John