To oochappan: Color. - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great oochappan 2007-09-01 6:09

Is it because that at the age of 12 I couldn't do anything but B&W or that after I had a study for one year on the impact of colors on human beings, the symbolique meaning and the relation to music that I miss always the colors in a B&W as an extra dimension calling up for a mood, seeing nothing else then B&W ?
Maybe reason it is so difficult for me to live in an evocated mood without colors in your attemp to bring dialy life scenes revealing the unnoticed to a renewing enpathic attention like here, a not that easy target or concept wich personally I try to place such scenes within other series describing the environment as a whole.
Wishing you inventive creativity in your new explorations that by broadening a bit could enhance and make your target maybe more clear of this micro-life by letting you flow with the stream of life itself with wondering eyes.
Henk

Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To oochappan: Color.

Beautiful comment Henk. I understand your passion. I feel that B&W makes one focus on the emotion of the scene as opposed to the colors present; I think this is especially relevant now given the need for so many to oversaturate their color photography.

That said, I dropped a roll of Kodachrome slide into my camera this weekend. We'll see how they turn out.

One other thing, the control of the process that I have with B&W film is also very important. Developing and printing color oneself is a difficult proposition...

Thanks Henk,
Chris.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:19 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To oochappan: Color.

I can only say:
like the eye was meant to see colors and colorblind a handicap to read out indicating colors, you could consider the same in a photo, missing the extra color-symbolic.