Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kmarscher 2007-08-21 7:55

Ha;)

You managed the lighting quite well. I would think that the area to the left of the falls would be darker, so my question--did you bring up the dark levels in PP?

Very, very well done with nice foreground interest and compo.

Regards,
Kathy

Old 08-22-2007, 03:50 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To kmarscher: did you bring up the dark levels in PP?

"did you bring up the dark levels in PP?"

Hi Kathy,

I brought up all the levels of my Raw file quite a bit ... and then the shadows some more (to keep the water from getting over done). The image was really under exposed.. I was bracketing a ton of exposures to get the water the texture I wanted and catch the trees in stillness (not blurred by the breeze). On those technical levels this was the one I liked the best so I went with it. As to the relationship of the lighting in parts of the image. I tried to get it back to what I remembered being there. It was actually the area to the right of the falls .. the stumps and the trees above them that I had to brighten up the shadows some more .. The image is down at the bottom of a very deep canyon .. maybe five times as deep as the falls. There is the low angle sun and a bunch of reflected light every which way.

thanks so much for your thought.

take care,

John