Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great adamchewts01 2007-06-12 2:07

HI John,

Waterfalls, waterfalls. You surely have a good set of collection on these falls. I like this picture a lot as the water flow is so strong and nice. I did a little workshop for you to brighten up the photo a little. Hope you like it.

Adam

Old 06-12-2007, 10:25 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To adamchewts01: exposure

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your thoughts and workshop .. It was good of you to take a stab at it and nice to see another perspective.

This was a really tough exposure .. pretty much beyond my abilities .. the falls were so bright .. the surrounding woods so dark .. I even layered two RAW exposures together to get what I have .. one for the water .. one for everything else .. then getting a natural balance between the two was really difficult .. I finally decided to go for a dark moody thing .. and probably erred on the side of darkness .. As you could tell the woods are dark enough that it is rough to brighten them without losing tons of quality .. this is even true at my full size.

The real problem probably starts from the initial choices .. I had made it a point to be here in the morning .. and I am thinking maybe this should be an evening place .. East to West falls Left to Right .. I bet this would be much easier exposure if the sun was not coming in on that Left to Right angle .. live and learn ..

Oh and yes you are right .. give me a camera and some water and I am a pretty satisfied person. Again thanks so much for your time and thoughts.

John
Old 06-12-2007, 10:30 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To adamchewts01: exposure

Phew...I do not know there are so much involved on blending out this photo. Very good technique you have describe.

Waterfalls are really relaxing. The sound, the calmness of nature and the fresh air is simply relaxing. Keep us away from daily stress life. In Malaysia we do not have much opportunity to meet up with this kind of nature a lot. When you found one it will be crowded with people.

Getting the right combination on time and place is always difficult. Got to agree with you on this.

Regards

Adam