Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great KevRyan 2007-04-16 19:44

Another really interesting image Vincent - the distribution of the figures across the picture plane works really well and although the burnt out areas jar for me a little the overall composition is still strong enought to outweight this at this size. An interesting way of handling fish!

best wishes Kev

Old 04-17-2007, 08:47 AM
TE Newbie

Default To KevRyan: Challenge

Thank you Kev,
I fully agree with the burnt out areas, the light conditions were really challenging for me in this jungle type of place, with corners completely dark (because of dense vegetation) and other parts where sunlight was percing... I'm sure you would have enjoyed mastering the challenge :-) I also tried to recover highlights in post processing but with limited success. Tips are welcome :-))
All the best,
Vincent
Old 04-17-2007, 12:14 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To KevRyan: Challenge

Hi - I'm not sure i would have done any better! I had all sorts of problems with dark areas and piercing light in Jerusalem and Palestine last year - I guess the clever guys here who use tripods would take multiple exposures and mary them but not so easy to freeze the people or the fish! ;-))

The PP options come down to your level of skill and artistry with Photoshop - anything is possible with time....it's not that bad - also when you look at the reality of such situations often the burn out strength of some light conditions as we see them don't look disimilar to what you've achieved........if I get time later I'll have a play - or maybe if you have time you could send me a bigger file.

bw Kev