Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

kajspice 2006-12-30 4:43

Hi Bev,

I get it - I hear you loud and clear... I read your comments to allesandro, as I knew there would be more depth to you posting this here picture.

I think the problem lies in the fact that it is difficult to put the lady's into context. The background gives us no clear idea of where they are, nor can we see any horses. The thing that comes creaming at me, is the chap at the back, who looks like he just left a football match - I felt this subconciously, due to that luminous yellow at the back, which is almost certainly the yellow of a policeman's jacket.

So, I am sorry if I misjudged your picture, but at first glance, the lady's look like they are out for a night out on the town...

take care Bev..

Kaj

p.s The bottle of budweiser doesn't help :)

Old 03-23-2007, 01:35 AM
TE Expert

Default To kajspice: not in context

Welcome back Kajal, let me just say here how much I admired your pictures from India. They were so full of heart and soul and compassion. Well done.
You are right of course about my dark beauties. I was so bound up with being there and the other shots I took that I didn't think that standing alone this picture does not have a clear story. But I'm pleased you have chosen to comment on this one as I think this is one for a woman's eye. These women are full of character and as a woman I feel compelled to stare at them even now. look at their dramatic eye make up. And look at the sparkly evening dresses. And yes, they were out for a night on the town: a little town called Appleby. Evening was drawing in and as this was the last day of the Fair everyone was getting set to party. But go there yourself and see. I think you would enjoy it.
Bev