Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kmdunlap 2007-02-19 14:28

I've never been to Australia and never knew any part of it looked like this! I love the blue of the water surrounded by the green trees- the billabong itself reminds me of one of those agate stones that you can buy sometimes at roadside shops. I've heard the word "billabong" before in the context of Australia, but never knew what one was. Thanks for sharing from your part of the world.

Have you considered cropping it in some? I think cropping closer would be good- the trees at the bottom and top feel like excess.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:34 PM
TE Newbie

Default To kmdunlap: Australia

Hi I am actually from the Uk - England, near Cambridge.

Australia is very nearly as big as the USA ex Alaska & Hawaii. In the North there are tropical Rainforests and wetlands - like Kakadu. The south near Sydney, Melbourne and Perth and around Perth in Western Australia have a mediterranean climate - and look like parts of California (which has a similar climate). The deset areas are amazing although there are no 'set piece' desert landscapes like in Utah or Arizona, Uluru, the Olgas and King's Canyon are all relatively close to each other - the rest is fairly flat and covered with small eucalyptus trees.

Sorry if this sounds a bit teacher -y - I have 2 geography degrees and used to teach it!
James