To jinju: rangefinder camera differences - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

jinju 2006-11-01 1:16

Nice conversion Luko..hey, its a Leica, well damn, I guess thats why I like the b/w?:) Oh, Im 100% joking, might as well say that before I look like an idiot.

A gorgeous shot Luko, fantastically captured daily life scene. I wouldnt call it intrussive, more intimate and in there. How would you describe the difference between shooting with Canon DSLR and a Leica in thes situations? Not talking about image quality but ability to be more in a situation.

Now I see why you liked the shot by maciek of the cell phone girls..you have that same blurry foreground figure, a highly effective element.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
TE Expert

Default To jinju: rangefinder camera differences

Hi Rafal,

thanks for your comments, I'll throw in some elements of reply as per your questioning on Leica M vs. Canon dSLR differences. Most of them are explained through the latest tips/techniques forum thread, especially on the rangefinder benefits : you may read my posts on it (replies to Maciek and Hervé).

Another reason I see is the stealthness of this camera, no big intrusive lenses, just a smallish lens you could hide within your hand. And it you don't know about it, it looks more like a Kodak instamatic than the whistles-and-bells Canon.

Cheers
Luko
Old 11-01-2006, 02:51 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To jinju: rangefinder camera differences

I do LOVE the look of it. Although I love the look of a big Canon (LOL) too:)
Old 11-08-2006, 01:39 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To jinju: rangefinder camera differences

Rafal,
coincidence or not i wrote a post to luko about rangefinders also, i've recently bought a konica-hexar with a 35mm f2/0 lens. From my first impression i loved the viewfinder, the stealthness of the camera (no noise at all) and the size/discription.

You can get really close to the subject without sounding too pro... it have cons and favs imo.

My big trouble (and reason of my post to luko) is to work with the viewfinder, i'm used to viewfinders that are smaller than the photo itself, and i think that the rangefinder is the other way round.