Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kajspice 2006-06-29 12:57

that is really profound - probably true when it comes to modern-day "relationships", usually fuelled by anger, alcohol and loneliness...

interesting inclusion of the cowboy at the back...(standing with a very masculine pose I might add!)

Old 06-29-2006, 09:00 PM
TE Expert

Default To kajspice: Cowboy hat

I am glad at least one person noticed it. It was quite a deliberate inclusion. Perhaps the blur produced by f2 is a little too much. My intention was to have him there as a background presence only. This was a difficult shot, because although I wanted him cleared off the little box I was unable to move to my left because of interference from the other man half obscured by the wall...I didn't want to draw attention to that guy. So this angle was a compromise...oh well...
Old 06-29-2006, 09:18 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To kajspice: Cowboy hat

yes, I pretty much guessed you might have had some problems with that guy - a bit of a haddi in the kebab :)

Without the cowboy, the story just isn't there! The fact that he wears a cowboy hat gives him hos patriarchal presence.

I think his vague presence adds a lot to the scene, perhaps if this was part of a series...one could argue the vague presence of men in today's western societies. With more and more women choosing to procreate on their own, I think you have touched on something here...

yes, compositon could be better but the message is clear to me...