Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great aralda 2006-06-17 14:21

Hi Dario,
This is an interesting stitch but the leaves appear just a bit too large, in my view. There is a discrepancy between the leaves in the foreground and those -- much tinier -- in the middleground. What do you think?
The church itself is beautiful, and so is your note.
Tfs,
Raluca

Old 06-18-2006, 04:24 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To aralda: Leaves

The truth about the leaves is that they are not as big as they appear... they are normal sized, and probably they were on those trees a few days before my picture... :)

But I shoot from the floor, I actually rested the camera on one leave... That's why the very closest elements are blurred, because even with a wide angle lens like the one this camera had, the closeness of those elements was huge... which also affected their size, and appear bigger than they really are...

The idea behind the composition is to depict the poor to none maintenance this particular Church is having...
Old 06-22-2006, 09:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To aralda: Leaves

Hi Dario,
I do see why you wanted the leaves in the picture. They do make it different. It's not just another church shot. The effect looks better in the thumbnail than in the full-size image. Maybe there's a way to include the leaves without having such a discrepancy between their size and the POV on the church. Maybe if you played with them in Photoshop to include them twice, once with a bigger size, and then smaller, more towards the size of those in the back.
Raluca