To PJE: Light! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PJE 2006-05-22 6:39

Eric a little darker in lighting than your previous macro series, but this one I can see is taken with a bounce flash approach which adds nice depth to this macro. Sorry I have no idea what kind of insect you have here. Good results are clearly seen in this one..thanks for sharing!

Old 05-25-2006, 05:28 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To PJE: Light!

Hey Paul

Thanks for your comments.

Well, the bouncing light is not from the flash, but raindrops reflecting the sunlight into the image.

It rained the day before, so, it's a nice time to have this kind of shot, which may give something different.

Thanks again.

Eric Lai
Old 05-25-2006, 06:58 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Lighting

Eric I have taken macro photos with flash where the light is bounced downward from above the scene. If your lens is within 10 inches from the subject, and if you have some white paper that you can form into the shape of a light tube that projects upward and forward so its position is just above the subject, and place another folded 8.5 and 11 inch paper folded in half and position it on the end of the light tube so that your flash will bouce downward on your macor subjects, you will have some very interesting and dynamic lighting results in your photos. I hope I have explained it clearly enough for you to build. Thanks for your clarification on this photo. Keep shooting!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:04 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Techiques

Hey Paul
That's is a very brilliant technique and I have came across such pratice. it's a good one.
But sometimes, when you are out in the field, this little things that may improve the images will not bear in mind. Unless I got it standby in my camera bag all the time, huh.
Hey, Paul, thanks very much from your tips and appreciate that alot.
Cheers and enjoy the imcoming weekend.
Cheers.
Eric Lai
Old 05-25-2006, 08:20 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Techiques

Hey Eric if you want to see what some of these bounce flash images look like send a email to me at [email protected] and I will send you a few sample photos for you to see. Thanks!