Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great doreeneden 2004-06-24 4:28

I can quite understand this couple reaching to the heart of people. They look so resigned as if life is to be tolerated rather than lived, however their clothes seem quite good so perhaps they are not too badly off. I like the picture but feel the cropping each side is too tight, it hasn't room to breathe, the colouring is good especially with the splash of blue of the ladies skirt.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:54 PM
TE Newbie

Default To doreeneden: Godo's awaiters

I actually cropped a bit since on the original was the frame of the window through wich I was shooting was there, an hugly brown-yellowish wooden frame...
I love the way you describe the people, that's it! As for their clothes, lots of people in Peru and Bolivia had quite good and formal clothes (it was quite common) yet overused with the colors wiped by life itself, like when you wear the same old smoking and shoes and hat all day long each day all life...
Old 06-24-2004, 10:01 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To doreeneden: Godo's awaiters

There is not a lot you can do if window frames and the like get in the way. Cannot understand why this photo hasn't got more points but unfortunately the site is a bit like that. It has been interesting hearing about the people of Bolivia and Peru. Thank You, Doreen
Old 06-25-2004, 09:30 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To doreeneden: Godo's awaiters

Seems that the tight crop isn't exactly the rocket to most people. Well it surely has the points it deserves. Thanks a lot, and farewell !