Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great pastadog 2006-04-16 2:42

Hi Emmanuel - I take the opportunity to congratulate you for the wonderful series, with very unusual shots - and beautiful. This one is certainly the most dramatic, I see you've wisely kept it until posting now. I again enjoy the POV and the light here. Not only the ship - also the water areas are wonderful. And the shot is almost 17 years old - amazing! Regards, Daniel

Old 04-16-2006, 10:46 AM
TE Expert

Default To pastadog: Un grand merci, Daniel

Coming from such a seasonned traveller and original photographer, I really appreciate your comment.

It is true I have waited to post that one : initially, this one is the only picture I thought successfull from all those taken in Rouen. But if I had posted it directly, it would have been useless to post the others... That is why I tried to build an atmopshere around the pciture, first explaining the festival then the departure of the ships and finnally getting aloft.

My liking of that picture mainly come from the sun shining on the dark green water. When preparing the file, I tried automatic adjustments with PS Elements but the water came out pale. I kept it like that, which is the original color of the film.

All the best,

Emmanuel
Old 04-16-2006, 10:57 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To pastadog: Un grand merci, Daniel

It was a clever approach to the series, Emmanuel. I agree, the shining water is wonderful here, and the first thing that caught my eye in the shot.