Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Miks 2006-04-14 4:57

Good shot which puts the sports even in an interesting perspective. The '1' sign on the top emphasizes the competitive nature of the event. Well seen!

I would have tried a faster exposure time to freeze the runners. Or a slower to get some serious blur. The 'extreemes' often works better than the 'in between'.

Perhaps the composition would be even more effective if you cropped the fence at the bottom. This way it'd be a panorama format and the runners feet would mark the bottom of the shot. Just an idea in case you wanna play around. It works nicely as it stands.

Cheers,
Mikkel

Old 04-14-2006, 12:26 PM
TE Expert

Default To Miks: thanx a lot Mikkel...

...for having a good look and y'r concise critique! I agree with you about the motion blur, it's a bit subtle and a more strong blur would have enhance the dynamism. I have different version ofthe pic and also one with a cropped off bottom. It strengthens the focus of the action but it lost a bit too much of the graphic feel. When you look casually at the pic now, it's like a grid is projected over it.
Happy Easter,
Bert