Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyaney 2006-01-30 12:16

This is one of the more powerful photographs I've seen here since joining. Technically, there's not much to say. It's top-notch.

Aestically, though... where does one start? This photograph instantly reminds me of the little diorama projects we made in school. We pretended they were real and that we were giants who had stumbled upon unsuspecting villages. We marvelled at our greatness but were frustrated that the little villagers weren't impressed or frightened. That's EXACTLY what I see here. You POV is perfect, just perfect. The people in your shot are doing the same thing they've done for 1,000 years and will be doing for years to come.

And from their perspective, they're problably barley noticing the guy up there with his fancy camera, taking pictures of people who are doing the important things.

PS It also reminds me of 'Horton Hears a Who'

Thanks for sharing this photograph.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:35 PM
TE Newbie

Default To tyaney: Embarassed

Dear Todd, thanks for your encouraging comments. Your're really overwhelming me with compliments! I'm really happy I was able to convey the feelings I had visiting those places: you got exactly the impression I had watching these people doing their things. They are happy, jouyful and really friendly, showing me that happiness is not necessarily tied to possession of material things.

Thanks again for your comments. Dario