Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great krishindu 2005-12-23 1:13

A perfect still Gloria.
The bird, the cloudy sky with traces of sunset and white waves with sari clad ladies standing ashore...typical kerala beach scene. (And you floored me with your statement that I am in love with Kerala.. Being away from kerala, I feel very nostalgic about my native, through your shots. Thanks. (Where are you now? Still in Nepal?)

Old 12-23-2005, 12:34 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To krishindu: where am i???

I am in Puri, Orissa. Every day I fight the urge to go to Kerala! 5 trips to India, I said I am going to Tamil Nadu to see the anceint temples, instead I went to kerala, and stayed!!!! I will go to Keral too again, but first I must see the temples while I can!
gloria
Old 12-24-2005, 07:21 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To krishindu: where am i???

Puri is a great place to be in. Hope to see some great posts from you on those historical places. Coming down to hyderabad anytime?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:12 PM
TE Senior Member

I have never been there in Hyderbad. I think ther is a nice fort, and markets!. I'm on my way to Tamil Nadu next, I think, if not side tracked to Kerala!!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 03:06 PM
TE Newbie

Please let me know, if u've been side trakcked to kerala. i could be able to help you out, being a native of kerala.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:23 PM
TE Senior Member

Thank you for the offer of help! Do you know anything about the snake temple there? I want to see it. I loved the back waters too! Kerala, when I go there, I stay, ands stay, till I have no more visa, and must leave. I want to be there now! BUT I want to see Tamil nadu, and Orissa, etc. on the way. The beach in Puri is not like Kerala at all.
gloria
Old 12-27-2005, 04:21 PM
TE Newbie

The snake temple at Mannarshala is very famous. Another one is there near Cochin, called as Amedamangalam. Both these places, my relatives are the main priests. When you are going there, please let me know. Ill take care.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Wow! I did not know there were 2! Which one is first if I am traveling from the north? I will tell when I am near, for sure! Do you have other places to suggest?
Thank you so much!
gloria
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 AM
TE Newbie

Infact one more snake temple is there near trichur, called 'Pambumekavu'. But off all these i like the one, in south 'Mannarshala', which is near alleppy. Good forest around, with so many snaks, it is a good place to be. If you can tell me what exactly you are looking for (like snake temple..) i can suggest many places.