Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great designsoul 2005-12-16 17:39

I wonder who that fellow TE-er was... ;-)
A beautiful interior of the Church of the Holy Spirit that goes well with your elaborate note, Dominique... (indeed I wish that bare-breasted luscivious ;-)Marianne would feature on the US dollar too... or someone of the like... as the church and state are becoming increasingly closer.
I like your pov in this shot, the dark-light contrast, a sense of immanence vs transcendence, I am sure because of the rounded arches...
Good night from a snowed-in Ottawa
sasa

Old 12-17-2005, 01:11 AM

Default To designsoul: I wonder too...

But I won't go on again quoting Stairway to Heaven, I swear to God or any other "valuable" entity. ;-)

More about the bank note and, of course, the original painting (only in French, though). Do you imagine how it would look like on a dollar bill? After pouring the bottles of wine in the gutter and renaming French fries, people would suffer heart attacks by the dozen... Better let them sneak the inside pages of Playboy instead, maybe. *o)

No snow fall here, since the few flakes that fell during half a day some weeks ago. It's not even very cold...
Have a nice evening. More to come, one way or another.
Dominique

PS by the way, this is the only church with a Byzantine architecture in Paris, allegedly influenced by Hagia Sophia in Constantinople and built in the 1930s in reinforced concrete.
The place is rather dark, with rather small windows set high... but, as you noticed, this is precisely what conveys such a special atmosphere.