Themes - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-13-2002, 06:43 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Themes

Would it be possible to add the ability to create "themes", i.e. logically link groups of my own photos together that share a common theme?

I for example have lots of photos of a similar subject, but they are taken in many different places at many different times.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:13 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Themes

What about categories? I can have a page display a category for a specific member if this is what you are looking for. If you have a suggestion for a category I can add it in also.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:15 PM
TE Junior Member

I'm thinking more along the lines of a single artists "theme". You might have someone that has been concentrating on photographing "cats" for example, and wants to create there own group of photos with a "Cats" theme. Or fungi, cars anything really. I don't know if it would fit with the general idea of TrekEarth though. I guess it could but in the loose sense that there is a common "theme", but of "cats" from the US, Yugoslavia, Vietnam etc.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:45 PM
TE Senior Member

Something like "folders" might do the trick. But a photo could only be in one folder whereas a photo could logically be part of more than one theme.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:57 PM
TE Expert

I guess it would be something along the lines of user-created categories. Let me think about that one a bit.
Old 12-14-2002, 03:02 PM
TE Junior Member

That's true (photo be part of more than one theme).
As an example, though not necessarily what I'd use a "Theme" function for; I have a lot of photos of trees. I also have a number of sunsets. One of my sunsets contains an interestingly shaped tree. So this photo could be in both a "Trees" theme and a "Sunsets" theme.
Old 12-14-2002, 03:10 PM
TE Junior Member

But wouldn't user created categories be for use by everyone? Of course, that might be good too, but I'm thinking more along the lines of being able to create a theme to logically group your own photos.
Really pretty much like the "Trips" function. Whereas Trips logically groups photos from a specific journey, Themes would link photos with a common Theme.
A TrekEarth user could then click on a user name, going to the artists page and then seeing a list of, Countries & Trips as now, but also a list of "Themes" that that artist had created. Click the name of the theme and you see a page of photos taken by that artist that have a common theme. They would not necessary be from the same country.