Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement convey 2005-05-13 1:44

What were you trying to convey in this picture? I've been to the Reunion Tower, and really, it is a spectacular place, but this picture just doesn't convey the feel of it. The entire picture is a bit too dark, especially the trees which are so dark that almost all detail has been lost. Perhaps it was taken just a few minutes too late when the light had already been lost... Also, you could crop the flag. It doesn't add anything to the picture and is maybe a little too patriotic for such an international site. I don't mean to sound so condescending. Maybe it's because I'm from Texas and want my state to look as best as it can. ;)

Old 05-14-2005, 05:12 AM
TE Newbie

Default To convey: ?

I wasn't trying to convey anything in particular. I wasn't trying to capture the grandeur of the landmark. It's a snapshot of the tower and building, which has been snapped from a zillion angles in all kinds of weather. I left the flag because I wanted to. I did not want to crop it out. I walked around for a while trying to find a place to shoot where I could include the flag in the shot. I can be as patriotic as I wish and include the flag if I so desire, even on an international site. This site is about travel, and this shot is one that depicts a place to which many people travel. On the issue of the shot being dark, perhaps you adjust your monitor, because it's not too dark and there is plenty of detail in the trees on my calibrated monitor. It was a cloudy and rainy day.

I was born and raised in Texas and to be honest, I take offense at your implication that I would post anything that would make my state look bad. I apologize if you don't like the picture, but I took it for me, not for you. Thank you for your critique.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:54 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To convey: ?

I'm sorry I offended you. I was born and raised in Texas, too, and I was just trying to help from sheerly am aesthetic point of view. Your Snow in Texas? and A Dash of Color pictures are very nice.