Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-07-2008, 04:36 AM
TE Newbie

Default Leaving you good folks here! Most recent picture removed!

Dear Gentlemen/Ladies:

I have enjoyed my short stay here - maybe for about 3-6 months, approximately.

Of the pictures I've posted, and the many more pictures that I've viewed, I enjoyed much and I learned much.

Today, I posted a picture of a side walk ConEd (NYC's local electric company) manhole cover, with cigarette butts covering the holes which allow workers to pull the manhole cover off. The picture is a bird's eye view, which included a head of a dog, some sidewalk cement, the iron manhole cover, and some cigarette butts.

The commentary that I wrote was about NYC's sidewalk.

It was removed within the day.

I'm disappointed. If one were to look at the totality of my pictures posted so far, I would not say that I have abused my privilege here. The fact that one dog's head was part of that sidewalk picture, well...er...it happens! It is a New York City sidewalk. Dogs are allowed. In fact, dogs have licenses! Legitimate, NYC, Department of Health issued licenses. Are we supposed to crop all living non-humans out of our urban sidewalk pictures in order to remain on this site?

Respectfully, I'm bidding you all a great 2008 and good bye.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:55 AM
TE Expert

Default good bye.

Instead of complaining and wasting our (and yours) time on describing your photo - simply post it as a workshop at your latest upload - for us, to see what kind of unjust action was taking place on TE against you...

(It applies only if you're are decent enough to supply exactly the same version of your photo as it was posted in the first place).

I have my doubts, brother...
I really do...

All the best in 2008

g.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:11 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: "Polonaise" 's response...

Sir:

I have quoted your response below for the convenience of other thread readers.

As you have not yet seen my picture, how can you pre-judge me/my picture by saying "I really have my doubts...I really do"? If you have seen it and agree with the moderator's action, that is one thing. But BEFORE you've seen it? Come on!

Additionally, you started your post by saying that I've "...wasted your time". Dear Sir, I have not forced you to read my post. Certainly, I have not forced you to write a response. If your time is so valuable, you might consider not reading my thread, and definietly, not bother answering it.

Quoted "Polonaise"'s answer to my original thread posting:

"Instead of complaining and wasting our (and yours) time on describing your photo - simply post it as a workshop at your latest upload - for us, to see what kind of unjust action was taking place on TE against you...

(It applies only if you're are decent enough to supply exactly the same version of your photo as it was posted in the first place).

I have my doubts, brother...
I really do...

All the best in 2008

g. "
Old 01-07-2008, 05:36 AM
TE Expert

Personally Vincent- I think you're over-reacting. We've all had images removed (even myself) as they did not fit the TrekEarth Terms of Service.
I think you should try looking at it from the moderators point of view... if they let the shot of your dog stay, then it sets a precedent in letting others post shots of their pets. Then pretty soon TrekEarth becomes TrekPet!

Think about it. Don't take it sooo personally...
- Dan
Old 01-07-2008, 06:59 AM
TE Senior Member

Vincent,
Please post that photo as a WS of your latest post for us to see.
cheers
Jorge
Old 01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
TE Newbie

I just saw a photo of a non-human creature on here but it is still in the gallery. The photographer carries that Golden star critiquer/workshop editor/note writer.

I do respect everybody's opinion about this issue. I hope though that Vincent's photo being removed is not an attack on the ones with less points here (just like me).

As for you Vincent, keep that chin up :) And yes, post that photo as a workshop for us to see. You won't lose anything.

Peace and light to you all,
Kaye
Old 01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
TE Senior Member

Kaye,
I do not think there is an "attack" on members with less point, but it is true that they are more vulnerable. I DO think the site, in general, is bias to "golden" members.
I have seen many photos that do not comply with the TOS, but by being posted by "famous" members, those photos are not removed.
This is a fact of life, like there are poor and rich people in the world. Unfair but true.
Do not worry too much, enjoy the site, write a lot of critiques and post selectively.
cheers
Jorge
Old 01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
TE Expert

Hi Kaye,
It has nothing to do with stars of points... many people with big points had their pics removed, some of them just recently for having written happy new year on the picture, which , according to the mods, was probably excess post processing...
Moreover, there can be animals in your pic, but if pets become a subject, that will be very annoying ...
Don't you worry or even think about attacks on people with less points... everybody is welcome here!
And Vincent,
If you consider the removal as being unjust, you can write a mail to the admin explaining why it is suiting the site.... in some cases removed pictures has been restored!
All the best
Happy 2008
Laurent
Old 01-07-2008, 01:44 PM
TE Senior Member

Laurent is right. I have had two photos removed in the last two weeks or so. One was a kid I didn't know and they restored it (then I deleted it) and the other was one with Happy New Year written across it. I used to just go apesh*t when they did that, but now I just let it slide off and keep posting.
Take it light!

Shelly
Old 01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
TE Newbie

Thanks Shelly, I do hope that TE is not "biased" at all. I do enjoy this site very much, it's not just learning about photography that matters to me, but that I learn a lot about this beautiful world we live in from the photos here. I think it's good to know that even you "gold star" people have some photos removed too. Hope that would make Vincent feel better :)

Peace,
Kaye