Open letter to the TE management - Page 2 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-25-2008, 06:41 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Open letter to the TE management

Well said Jack,

Already for over a year I am pressing the management for some leadership . . . and communication.

The reactions avoid this topic constantly.

We've been degrated from members to 'users'. Alex uses that word, and Justine also.

By the way jack . . . numbers . . . never trust them :)
regards,
From a white Riga!!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Thanks for writing this, Jack! Maybe management will wake up before it's too late.

--Ken
Old 12-27-2008, 06:12 PM
TE Newbie

Dear Jack -

Thank you for taking the time to write out such a thoughtful post. I would like to thank you for your commitment to the site and the community as a whole. I agree the life blood of TechEarth can be found in it most committed members and also welcome new members to jump in and participate.

I would also like to address concerns you have made about management's commitment to TrekEarth. We are currently undergoing a full redesign of the site and the network it currently reside upon. We believe the photography that the community of TrekEarth has contributed is the best on the Internet and is worthy of heavy investment regardless of revenue generated. We are investing in infrastructure because we believe it will foster the growth necessary to take the site to the next level.

This is really just one of the many changes that you will see over the coming months. Much of the investment has to do with site stability and security. Another change will be found in our method of moderation of the forum. We have created several new tools for the Moderators which will allow them to achieve many of their tasks quicker. An example is new spam hunting tools that offer the Mods many new ways to find spam posts.

The Moderation team is growing as new tools are developed, and we will see changes as the group grows. But the objectives remain the same. The rules of the forum are in place to ensure the TrekEarth forums are a place for constructive growth and communication-- for both new and veteran members alike. The rules of the forum will be applied equally regardless of previous contribution. The management team at TrekEarth fully supports the efforts of our Moderation team.

In regards to the members in question, we are very aware and appreciative of their contributions to the site. Unfortunately we experienced data corruption on the accounts of temporarily suspended TrekEarth members and their photos are inaccessible. Our tech team is working to recover the data, unfortunately the nature of technology is that nothing is certain. We are in contact with those members and are doing everything we can to welcome them back to the community and increase their photo posting limit.

As we implement new policies and update the site it is possible we experience other difficulties that will need to be addressed. I hope you will be patient and understand that our goal is to provide the community with the best possible site.

Brent Conver
Site Director
TrekEarth and Internet Brands
Old 12-27-2008, 06:21 PM
TE Senior Member

Good news,
thank you.
Leo
Old 12-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned

Finally...some direct message and involvement, clearly stated. Thanks for that. I hope that you will be able to recover the photographs of P. More than 3 years of posting...notes, critiques, threads...
Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 PM
TE Expert

Thank you Brent for this serious and posetive respond to my little rambling of this site that for some of us is a place we love and want to participate in a good cooperation between members and owners.

Especially improvements under way underlines just the kind of changes that may lead to a better functioning site. Quite a task as you will have to meet needs for members in nearly all age groups and with the most different backgrounds.

I think it would be a wise first move to come back from time to time with some updates especially for the period that includes construction of improvements.

It is also appreciated to see your response after trying to get a small idea of how such a site may be administrated - and where I for one really could not understand that a growing frustration amongst lead members was for anyones benefit.

I hope fellow members read your response and that we all can be better at focus on important matters and not drown in details in the process of changes.

Have a fine evening.

Jack
Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 PM
TE Expert

Wooow!
Am I impressed!

Everything now appears to be pink and bubbly, Jack (after we've heard from Mr Site Director), but I wonder if it wasn't for your 'rambling' and other people's ramblings, would we ever hear from anyone?

And why, when they finally decide to speak, why don't they do it in Announcements forum? As if they're making sure this is read by the least amount of members possible (I'm not being negative now but just stating facts). Same happened last summer, remember?

How many hours, days, weeks... what's the amount of time members have to spend complaining about unfairness of this website so then someone appears once in a blue moon to make this kind of announcement (avoiding posting in Announcements forum as soon as the problem occurs)?!?

And still no deadlines, not a single sign of seriousness, just promises, promises. I mean, am I missing something or... what website is "TechEarth"?
Old 12-28-2008, 04:34 AM
TE Junior Member

Quite frankly Jack, it's unbecoming of an artist such as yourself to engage in petty rants. If this site so poorly meets your needs it may make more sense to construct your own little kingdom where you can make and enforce all the rules. You clearly have the body of work to support such an endeavor. It's juvenile squabbling such as this that's ruining TE.

It's about the art - not the politics. Forget all this nonsense, and put the effort instead into taking your vision to the next level.

Ron.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:42 AM
TE Expert

I agree with Jack that some regular updates from the management on how the site is evolving would be greatly appreciated.

Benny
Old 12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
TE Expert

quote "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy":

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

What a world Ron ;.)