Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2020-10-17 11:12

Hi Paul,
beautiful temple indeed. I have recognized it from the previous photo the three dark blue roofs reminded me the famous Temple of Heavenly Peace (Tianningsi) in Beijing.
It is so nicely decorated and thanks to beautiful light the colors are very well emphasized. Wonderful weather day too.
You must be buying quite old guidebooks from before 1834?
Beautiful work,
M

Old 10-17-2020, 08:02 PM
TE Expert

Default To mkamionka: My guidebooks :)

Thank you Mariusz,

About the travel guide:
I have indeed made a big mistake. Because I went on a longer trip and I didn't want to travel with a luggage full of travel guides I left home with a guidebook for Nepal and a second thicker one ĎNorthern Thailand (from Bangkok up to the far north), Cambodia, Laos and Vietnamí.
I didnít plan to go to Vietnam, but I had that part extra.
A completely wrong decision. Never buy such a guide that covers a wider area!
Upon arrival in Bangkok I experienced already that the part about Thailand was completely dramatic.
So in Bangkok I bought another Thailand guidebook and also one for Laos in a second-hand bookshop.
Much later I also bought a travel guide for Malaysia.

As a result, I travelled with a luggage full of travel guides!
In Laos I gave away clothes to poor people to save space in my luggage.
My intention was to resell the books in the same second-hand bookstore in Bangkok at the end of my trip. But because of the advancing corona virus and the impending lockdown in Europe, I didnít get to Bangkok anymore. I suddenly had to return with a flight from Phuket.

Those second-hand books were obviously not the most recent versions. I knew that when I bought them.
Was this the reason for the lack of info about the temples in Kachanaburi ... Iím not sure about that.
But visiting several countries during a longer trip poses some problems for the guidebooks to take with you
So you see, Mariusz, life can be tough on a journey.

On the other hand, I've found that some travellers who travelled for a longer period often didnít know what to visit on site.

For the time being with the corona virus, the same problem doesn't arise.
Although I'd prefer the problem of travelling with a bunch of travel guides to the limitations of travel we currently experience ...

All the best !
Paul