Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great m 2012-05-03 10:12

Hi Engin,
Can't pass by a sunset whenever I see one:) Yours is very beautiful with the sailing ships and their masts looking so contrasty against the setting sun. I really like it but I find the picture being a bit cluttered and chaotic. So my fingers itched to try and bring some order into it:)
Here's the workshop, hope you don't mind.
I cropped it on the left side, the foreground and the top. Corrected the tilt and lens flare.
I don't like that thing your eyes stumble upon in the center. Don't know what it is, looks like a stylish garbage can.:)) And that tall flagpole on the right looks too distracting and eye-catching for me. So I removed all those objects. I know they're part of the scene and belong there but I've just done away with them. So please forgive me:))
I've also adjusted the curves and shadows to make the details more discernible, otherwise the foreground is too black in my opinion.
Hope you like it:)

Cheers
Marina

Old 05-03-2012, 06:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Cool To marina7: Hard Work

Good job Marina... )
You did a hell lot of working on my invaluable photo and now it is a Masterpiece..!!!
I like my version but I liked your version either!
In this photo, I admit I made a "man's job" and hided the useless junks under the shadows and want the wiever to concentrate on the silhouettes.. like wiping the cigarette ashes under the carpet ;-)
But a touch of a woman's hand brings order to chaos :-)))
Thanks for your effort and have a nice evening..
Engin.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Last edited by marina7; 09-20-2015 at 05:00 PM.