To MJR: The joys of digital photography. - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great MJR 2011-09-09 3:49

Keith
A marvellous photo, of a marvellous place.
I was there 25 yrs ago, and it brings it back to me like it was yesterday.I did not get so high, in March there was still a lot of snow, but walked across some of the frozen lake instead. ( then straight in the rooftop outdoor jacuzzi at Deer Park Lodge ! )
This is 8 yrs old and looks as fresh as it was taken - the joys of digital photography. Colours strong, yet not overdone, the mixed dark and light colours controlled well and great composition.

Thanks for the memories !

MArtin

Old 09-09-2011, 03:34 PM

Default To MJR: The joys of digital photography.

Thanks for the kind comments Martin. This was actually taken with a proper camera in the days before I moved to digital. 35mm transparency scanned and tweaked. More work than digital but I still like the idea of having an original image to view despite having taken the digital plunge a few years ago.

Last edited by Keitht; 09-09-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:51 PM
TE Junior Member

Default not so quick !

Keith
Doh - I could have worked that out for myself, if I had not been so hasty ! Even more remarkable then really, as it is not obvious, as some are, that it was scanned etc etc. Still retained colours and sharpness etc - it had me fooled ...
rgds
Martin