'Next photo' when viewing Gallery - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 06:15 PM

Default 'Next photo' when viewing Gallery

Back in the olden days when the site was working properly, Remember those days??, clicking 'Next photo' used to take you to the next image in the gallery, not the next image for the same location. Are there any plans to fix that?
If my explanation isn't clear, try using the gallery in the beta system as that works properly.

I always thought that a 'beta' site was the place they tested and resolved problems before putting changes into effect on the 'live' site. I obviously have things the wrong way round.

Edited to add: The problem isn't even as logical as I originally thought. When I was viewing the gallery the last 3 images were from Spain, Italy and Turkey. When I clicked 'Next' from the Spain image it did go to the next gallery image 'Italy', clicking 'Next' again didn't take me to the 'Turkey' image it took me to a previous image from Italy, posted a day and a half ago. Clicking 'Previous' took me back to the Italy image previously viewed, but there was no 'Previous' link from that one back to the Spain image I had originally viewed.

I think the technical term is 'A total screw up'

Last edited by Keitht; 08-10-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:22 PM
TE Expert

Hi Keitht
If you are in the main gallery if you click to next you'll obtain the next picture of the gallery.

But if you make a request in a town Paris for example if you click into next you'll have the next picture of the same location.

All the best
Old 08-10-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi View Post
Hi Keitht
If you are in the main gallery if you click to next you'll obtain the next picture of the gallery.

But if you make a request in a town Paris for example if you click into next you'll have the next picture of the same location.

All the best
Didi,

I was in the main Gallery and opened the most recent image. The sequence after that was as I described. At no stage did I search for a specific location. As I also mentioned, when trying to go to 'Previous' image I couldn't get back to my start point.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Keith,

I think this issue has been reported to us before and is something that tech is actively looking at trying to resolve-

It may take some time though so please be patient ;-) ( I know you are!)
Old 08-12-2010, 07:07 AM

Yes, I've reported that bug before because I used to use that way to correct the french & dutch locations. Now it takes ages because I've to go back & click separately on each following image...
http://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822721

It would be so nice (& handy) if the techs would find & fix that bug...
Old 09-30-2010, 08:15 PM
TE Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitht View Post
Back in the olden days when the site was working properly, Remember those days??, clicking 'Next photo' used to take you to the next image in the gallery, not the next image for the same location. Are there any plans to fix that?(...)
I think the technical term is 'A total screw up'
well, this "total screw up" has not been fixed, although it was reported 1 and 1/2 month ago. I can understand that new bugs appear when one implements new functions, but screwing up something which was working, and not coming back to the previous version, is not good... I'm not going to upload more photos if the galleries don't work properly, as they were doing before.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:53 PM
TE Newbie

Default 'Next photo" still does not view the right next one

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBsteph View Post
Keith,
I think this issue has been reported to us before and is something that tech is actively looking at trying to resolve-
yes, this issue has been reported several times, but half a year later, this bugg still bothers us. What's going on ? Is "tech" really trying to fix this bugg, or is it hopeless ? It was working fine "before" !

Last edited by MG_foto; 11-06-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:27 AM

Hi MG,
I've tried the "next" button on the main Gallery and it works just fine for me now... ?
Old 11-13-2010, 11:38 PM
TE Newbie

Default 'Next photo" still does not view the right next one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porteplume View Post
Hi MG,
I've tried the "next" button on the main Gallery and it works just fine for me now... ?
the problem is that it works only in the "Main gallery", not in member's photos galleries, as reported in several threads since 3 months. So, it is still impossible to view the photos of a given member using this function "Next photo". I find this is really annoying.

May we know if TrekEarth staff is going to do something about this ?