To PeterC: Three Gorges - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PeterC 2007-06-18 0:30

Kev,
Great results in what I know are terribly difficult conditions. I tried to take some shots in Chongqing from a boat leaving to go down the three gorges some years ago and all of them were a blurry mess! Interesting building and your photo really captures the ambience of Chongqing very well.

Cheers
Peter

Old 06-18-2007, 09:42 AM
TE Expert

Default To PeterC: Three Gorges

Hi Peter - I wish I'd had the opportunity to see that area before the flooding began - I keep wondering about the empty towns along the route and the scale of the engineering they are employing to preserve certain things as well as the scale of destruction - they are blowing up the buildings now abandoned - but I still haven't travelled the route yet.

I'm glad you have become part of the select group who appreciate this image - it's one that keep catching my eye again and again and perhaps of anyone here you have the ability to put your finger on it - it is something to do with a Chongqing ambience.......

best wishes Kev
Old 06-18-2007, 10:07 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To PeterC: Three Gorges

I wish i had gone there a little earlier as the three main gorges were already pretty high! The other smaller or Lesser three gorges were pretty spectacular. It was also fascinating to visit ghost towns where people had been ordered to leave as the rising water crept ever closer!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:18 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To PeterC: Three Gorges

I can imagine - I'd really like to have done this......