To kasianowak: Thank you Kasia - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kasianowak 2018-03-25 2:49

I think your idea of photography is to avoid boring photos that replicate what we can see in postcards... but I may be wrong. :-)
The two women could maybe fit your earlier "small talk" theme. Or maybe they aer arguing about something the standing lady has bought from the sitting lady. There is definitely a story to be told here.
I like both buildings in WS, even thought the word "colonial" sends shivers down my spine (btw, I'm reading A Dragon Apparent by Normal Lewis, worth a read if you have a spare few days).
I'm feeling a bit sad that you are leaving Cape Verde, a colourful (and democratic) country.
Have a nice Sunday
Kasia

Old 03-25-2018, 10:11 AM
TE Expert

Default To kasianowak: Thank you Kasia

Hello Kasia,
Thank you so much for your kind words today. Your comments are more interesting than my photos.
I have certainly seen that Ettore Scola movie. It was very popular in Sweden. I haven't read the book by "Normal" Lewis , but it's easily available so I might buy it on the net.
Have a nice Sunday, and upcoming Easter.
Gert
Old 03-25-2018, 03:26 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Normal Lewis

I should read those posts second time before I hit the "upload" button. This is one of at least two typos!
Anyway, Norman Lewis travelled to Vietnam in the 50s so a few decades earlier than you. And 20 years after a Polish author whose book I read earlier.
Have a nice Easter week. :-)
Kasia
Ps. Do you know where Malgo has gone??
Old 03-25-2018, 07:15 PM
TE Expert

Yes, she's in New Zealand! Left a couple of days ago.