Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2019-06-14 20:18

Hi Brenda
I've been waiting for this!!!!
Great to see it now, I've seen so many shots of it on Instagram. Now I need to book a 3rd trip to Manhattan :)
SO where exactly is this? I'll look it up on google maps, no worries. and what is its actual function? its not a office building or anything like that, is it just a piece of Art? From this angle it doesn't look as if there are too many people walking in it, or perhaps we just can't see them clearly enough from down below. its great to see it like this from ground level, seeing how it sits with other buildings nearby. You chose an excellent day, the light is awesome. Can't wait to see interior shots. and its funny to think they have the right to own all the photos hahaha
cheers
Craig

Old 06-15-2019, 03:43 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To macjake: The Vessel

Hi Craig!

I'm going to write more about the location when I post some more photos, but briefly Hudson Yards is right along the western edge of Manhattan, along the Hudson River between 30th and 41st Streets. You would love it! There are several new buildings with unique designs, and the Vessel is in the center.

Yes, the Vessel is basically a giant work of artistic architecture, and there is nothing inside it. There are only staircases to climb! It just gives visitors new POV's, and is pretty to look at.

I was there on a weekday afternoon, so it wasn't as crowded as it would be on a weekend. Still, there were more people roaming around than I expected.

Have a great weekend!
Brenda