Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-14-2006, 05:53 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Japan

Who's living in Japan or who travelled to Japan and can tell me which season/month is best for travelling?
Is october a good month? Nice weather, not to much rain? Colorfull autumn?
I thought of spring because of the blossom, but I think I prefer autumn (and my boss agrees, because I'm just back from Myanmar and cann't go again so soon haha)
Old 12-22-2006, 02:38 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Japan

Hi dzain. I just happened to see your post.
The best season for travelling in Japan, it all depends on what you want to do in Japan. Wanna go see beautiful mountain covered with red and yellow leaves? Then I recomend November, but the temprature on the mountain side are quite chilly, requires you to have full equipments for cold freezing winter.

About rainy seasons, we have like Tuyu(spring rainy season) ranges from June up to the third week in July, and typoon season ranges from Sept up to Oct.

Spring is also nice but you might be easily missing cherry blossom because the full blossom doesn't last for a long time, let's say it only last for 3 days. The season also have many rainy days.

Anyways, good luck.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:30 AM
TE Junior Member

Think I prefer november because of the autumncolors. But how about the rain in that month? Cold doesn't really matter, but I hope for good photographing weather.

Maybe it's gonna be 2008 before I go to Japan, because I think 2007 I will go to India and Nepal. So if anyone have tips for that countries...
Old 01-22-2007, 01:35 PM
TE Newbie

I went to Japan in May/early June 2006 and the weather was fine and warm. I enjoyed it so much I am going again in early May 2007 and hope the weather will be as good as it was in 2006. November is also good as my parents went at that time in 2006. They did not see any rain but it was a little cold at times. So I suggest a coat in October/November especially if you are planning to go the the mountains. Japan is such a wonderful place for the friendliness of the people, the beautifully prepared and delicious food, the great shopping and marvellous scenery. I wish you a good journey.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:10 AM
TE Junior Member

I am here all the year..infact few years.
If you want to shoot nature, come before winter or in Winter or in Spring..
You can get lot & lot..Like Blossom etc stuff.

If you want to shoot on street, do not even turn to this country.
Cold country in terms of feelings & expression & people love to hid the expressions which is in fact known as good manner.
Even small kids learn to hide the expressions in childhood.

It is really annoying to find out the real street scene.
-Regards,
Old 01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Regien,

I'm in Yokohama right now and it's cold but dry (single digit celsius). I have had a few trips to Tokyo in mid-summer, and believe me that's to be avoided (very warm and very humid). I agree that the best time is probably spring, but try to avoid Golden Week (around the end of April through early May) because everyone will be doing the same thing as you.

Ron.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:14 PM
TE Junior Member

Hii

Great..
How many days you are here??