Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-23-2005, 07:16 PM
TE Senior Member

Default World Press Photo 05

Just a note to pass along. Last night I went to an exhibit of the winners from the World Press Photo 05. It will be here in Taipei until the 29th, and of course in many other spots in the world. Not surprisingly, some really great photos. If you get a chance, make sure you get out to see this. Not always the most uplifting of topics, but the photography is stunning. You can check to see if it is coming to a city near you here.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:50 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: World Press Photo 05

Wow, awesome. It will be in Seoul at the beginning of June! Thats like a couple of weeks away. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:53 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: World Press Photo 05

I went to see the exhibition in Sydney last night, and it was amazing! And I mean in a real emotional sense too.. The photos of a school in Beslan (by James Hill, I believe) were most effective - I really had to contain myself from breaking out in tears. Looking back to the some of the winners of previous years, I'm happy to feel that press photography is focussing on people and their humanity more in modern times. Lots of faces and activity, rather than general photos about events. It also shows that the pros are really getting really close to theit subjects, without ruining the feeling of spontaneity and unintrusiveness. Gives me more confidence to try the same thing in my attempts at photo journalism.

Anyway, I'd like to say cheers to Darren for posting the info and the link. Its a wonderful exhibition, and one that I'd not like to miss every year :-) Cheers,
jp