Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2019-09-11 6:51

Hello Paul,

I am impressed by the way you negotiated your travel and and seemed to manage an even better holiday experience.

I was immediately taken back to my school days when perusing your main photograph! Part of my 'O' Level art course involved weaving a rug, the pattern of which I designed. It was a very satisfying experience though could be more stressful if it became a money raising activity!

This is a fine photograph, along with the w/s example, to show how the rug was woven. Using coconut fibres will be a useful way of using natural fibres and ones which will be very strong. I get the impression that the weaver was quite proud of being photographed at his work.

My warm regards,
Bev :-)

Old 09-11-2019, 02:09 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: Your rug

Thank you Beverley,

Do you still have that rug you've woven?
So you designed the patterns. And later you decided to use your artistic talents in photography.

Regarding to the solution for the strike problem:
It was the family of the homestay in Alappuzha who suggested this mode of travel.
I would have thought that a car rickshaw never wanted to travel such a long distance ...
It's always interesting in India and in other countries to make more time available for the people you stay with or you meet along the way.
Apart from the pleasant conversations, you will also pick up other ideas for travelling and also get help when you need it.
But you must have experienced this in Pakistan too.

Best wishes,
Paul