Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-05-2004, 10:36 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Mr les adminstrateurs,

If you see photos where photographers have cut and pasted clouds in from other photos, you should report them. Just because these photos exist doesn't mean they are allowed, it just means they weren't noticed or reported.

I'm very sorry about your cat. Perhaps you could post it on TL so we could see it?
Old 11-06-2004, 12:03 AM
TE Expert

The cat is here... but as any good cat it have so far escaped the owners eye.

So for the hunt: I have a copy for your eyes only <A href="http://webcamp2.it-systemer.com/uploadasp/dl2004/lolotte_b.jpg">here >></A>

..that is if our big boss not for the second time do his Orwellish cencorship.. (you don't know but Adam do)

And as our censor have missed the cat for several days I'm sure you can help him! Find him/her.. it will demand some thinking, but try anyway..

What a world..
Old 11-06-2004, 12:30 AM
TE Senior Member

Beautiful shot. It would have been a great addition to Treklens.

I don't know why you are equating rules with Orwellian censorship. The rule about pets has been here from the beginning, it wasn't added later to censor anybody's photos.

What would you prefer, absolutely no rules? Or are rules okay as long as they don't apply to you or your friends?

Adam went out of his way to create a separate site for those who wanted to post images that are not meant for TE. People should be grateful for all the effort he put in to do that but instead, they feel the need to complain and call him names?

Indeed, what a world...
Old 11-06-2004, 03:32 PM
TE Expert

Hi Mike

Earlier in this dicussion I put in a link (thumbnail) to this cat photo. The link reffering to an adress at my own home page. The link was later removed.

I accept that pets are not allowed at TE, but having a link in a discussion to an external source/webside removed, that is cencorship in a kind I am not in favour off. Unless of course there is another rule saying: Thumbnails/pictures are not allowed in discussions.

Besides that (until this moment) the cat is still represented on TE - so what's the point removing a link in a discussion?

Finally: Even under the rule of no pet shots on TE, it is still my opinion the picture and the note should be evaluated as a whole, and if so maybe this cat photo could have been accepted as an exception.
Old 11-06-2004, 04:06 PM
TE Junior Member

Hello Jack,

"Finally: Even under the rule of no pet shots on TE, it is still my opinion the picture and the note should be evaluated as a whole, and if so maybe this cat photo could have been accepted as an exception."

If babelfish correctly translated I am completely agree with you...

As i have write higher in French : I will take a simple rule, all in your jobs the rule wants that you respect your planning?

It's the rule and nobody ask question...
However when one of your close relation dispear you do not go work because a new rule came: a rule of lofe .

The materialists rule I don't mind, the human rules on the other hand I them respecte it ...

I know that for certain this is only an animal, but as I said in the comment which accompanied the photograph, this did not the case for me (and for d'other also) and this, it's one of MY visions of the world...

It's why i dell my photographs and that I do not take part any more in this site: It does not correspond to my vision of the world but a vision of the world that we imposes by the censure without humain reflecting...

A large thank's Jack for your fine analysis in all of this post ...

Frederic

Ps : I hope you understant my Babel English ;-)
Old 11-07-2004, 03:14 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: to Jack

Hey Jack referring to the fact that the link to your own home page was removed, what I saw is a thumbnail of Frédéric's photo. Please refer to the TOS which says:

"What kind of HTML may be used in the Photographer Notes, Critiques or Intro sections?
Bold, Italic, and <A>Link</A> tags are supported. Any other tags such as color, font size etc. are not supported and may be removed in the future."

Etc... should be understood as "thumbnails" also, and it is specifically written that ONLY bold and Italic and Link tags are supported.

There is also a rule that says that rude comments are not accepted. I feel that Adam is very, very patient to allow rude comments or insinuations such as Orwellian censorship (what ever Orwellian means) or big boss.

What do you expect of him, to stay hours after hours in front of his monitor and read all the notes, analyze all the photos in depth to see if there is a psychological meaning.

That is really too bad for Frédéric, again I understand his feelings for the loss of his cat, nobody argues about that, BUT there was certainly no intention to hurt him by removing his pic.
You say "make an exception" well, there is already Treklens for the exceptions.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:43 PM
TE Expert

Could be you are right Nina -about how to understand the TOS.

That is why I wrote:
Unless of course there is another rule saying: Thumbnails/pictures are not allowed in discussions.

If so there is no one to blame other than myself.

Definition of rude comments I believe will often depend of the individual understanding.

My involvment in this tread was in principel not of Frederics cat, but the importance to see a photo and the notes as a whole - in the meaning having some good guidelines in the TOS, but also a practise that allows for some exceptions - which we also can see is done from time to time.

Important in this tread and in other dicussions in this forum - accept that different individuals have different views and different ways of articulate their opinions, and that IE the TOS not always may be understood in an absolute way.

And for Adam's feelings I am sure he is able to react and express his meaning when feeling for it, and that there is no need for some members to go on the 'barricades' for him..

He have made TE - the best photo forum on the net if you ask me, but still a photo forum where not everything at all times is without a need for some members to discuss rules, "how to", etc.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:14 PM
TE Senior Member

Definition of rude comments I believe will often depend of the individual understanding.

Calling names or making nasty insinuations on a person (webmaster or not) I consider is rude, I don't see how it could be understood in another way.

And for Adam's feelings I am sure he is able to react and express his meaning when feeling for it, and that there is no need for some members to go on the 'barricades' for him

Adam can surely express his mind if he feels to do it, and so does I. As for "going on to the barricades for him", that is not the case.. again you use excessive words. My intervention was only to remind you that he deserves to be respected as he asks us to respect every other members.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:40 PM
TE Expert

I have no more to say, only recite a little translation from a Norwegian poem, Arnulf Overland who wrote this little piece in 1936:

"You should not tolerate so well all the injustice that not hurt yourself!"
Old 11-07-2004, 06:52 PM
TE Senior Member

Amen !