To noborders: Thank for the visit - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great noborders 2007-10-19 9:53

This is exactly how I discovered Mandalay, almost 30 years ago ; I spent one week there as a visitor, was inspired by the "pwe's" happening almost every night, saw persons in trance in secret ceremonies in full day light at the bottom of the hill...

Your photo brings so many good remembrances to me !
Even though it was taken in 2002, it looks very fresh and I guess the same miracle is happening still now at sunset, with the reflections of the pool along the remparts and the palm trees -

Good luck and best regards,
Best wishes to the people of Burma,
Cath.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:09 AM
TE Newbie

Default To noborders: Thank for the visit

Hi Catharine,

I knew Tin Tin, her bro and sis. She has a kid and very cute little one too. I guess, you are working at the travel agency in your country? Based on your past experience. Anyway, thank for your comment in the forum.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:23 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To noborders: Thank for the visit

Because I am curious of her wereabouts nowadays, I'll send you her last name by mail, for fear of possible repercussions on her family ; Tin Tin being a common first name for girls as I understand, I am not sure that we are talking of the same person !

I was based in Pukhet (Thailand) at that time, working for a big French organisation and sent with largish groups of rather exigeant tourists, when it was already more difficult to travel than the 1st time I was there...

My best wishes to you and to all those around you, family and friends, and thank you for your reply about the blogs,

Good luck,
(I am thinking of the tiny golden owls that were seen everywhere at the entrance of temples, I still have one with me ;)))

Catherine