Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great notrap 2019-02-13 11:06

Hello Mark,
you are my neighbour today in the TE gallery, thak you for your detailed note. I think I'll never visit Arizona, but who knows, and I always admired the pictures of Antelope Canyon. But until now I thought only a sportif hiker could get such photos! And now I hear about elderly persons and babies!
But nevertheless, the photos are great, colors and shapes that can not be compared to any other landscape I heard of.
Kind regards,
Elvira

Old 02-14-2019, 12:52 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To notrap: Descent

Hello Elvira,

If you can plan 6 months in advance and are extremely lucky, there's "The Wave" in Coyote Butte on the Arizona/Utah border as an alternative for the forms and colors. Also, I understand that Upper Antelope Canyon doesn't have ladders/staircases so it can be easier to navigate and they may, still, offer tours catering to photographers - taking longer but also more expensive (but allowing the use of tripods). I compensated for the latter by increasing the ISO.

Thank you for your comments.

Regards,
Mark