Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 11-10-2006, 02:24 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: THE PHOTO!

For me, I think it has to be this one. It combines all that I like: empty space, geometry and a fleeting moment.

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/South_Korea/photo473112.htm

2nd choice would be this one

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/South_Korea/photo338862.htm
Old 11-10-2006, 02:37 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi.

I had no hesitation on what is the photo I like the most out of my galery. It is certainly not the best valued, and is no favorite to anyone except me, but still I received a lot of comments for <A HREF="http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Slovenia/photo289698.htm">this one.</A> The story behind this photo is that this is a view from my apartment. I never have seen such a good placement of the moon and such a good placement of the clouds as then. The setting sun lights the mountains with just about the same intensity as the moon is shining behind those thin clouds. As a bonus, there is a layer of clouds on the mountain itself.

Have a nice day and weekend, Aleks
Old 11-10-2006, 03:57 PM
TE Expert

Splendid idea, Chan !!!
Worth preserving. Worth developing.
Worth to ask Adam S. to create a window where once a year, everyone one of us will be allow to post one photo, and I mean ONE photo (that's the all beauty about it...ONE !!!) and not a 'second choice would be', or 'maybe this one'....
One and only...My favorite, the one I love more than any other...
Can't decide ? Don't bother then to post anything.
Nobody is putting a gun to your head.
My mind is spinning.
We talk so much about the bestest of the best, points, rewards, values...etc...etc..
Here it is...Once a year...Show me what do you prefer, and I'll tell you how good you are, or who you are as a photographer.
Once more, many thanks for the idea, Chen.
Now, let's wait for the development of it (if any?)
-------------------------
My favorite?
<a href=" http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Italy/photo444690.htm">this one<a>
Why?
What are the chances that my camera will malfunction...again ? (:-))))
Have a great weekend, folks.
Break your heads choosing that one and only, the BEST in the world...Your very own babe...
Old 11-10-2006, 04:17 PM
TE Senior Member

hi
i like this one where woman disappear completely under a huge burden.
my favorite

this one

good day
didier
Old 11-10-2006, 05:33 PM
TE Newbie

Well, this is an impossible task... select THE PHOTO. Ok, this one is my favorite for the past few months.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:27 PM
TE Senior Member

For me it is this one, because it was the time i experimented some "blue hour sessions", and because it was hard to combine two facts : try to get the best settings and don't fall in cold water (because of seaweeds and ice)

But i was very happy of the photo i get ...

When i uploaded it, i kindly dedicated it to all photographers who have fall during photo sessions (;))
Old 11-10-2006, 06:48 PM
TE Expert

Probably this one... because of the connection, because of the moment we passed, because of the period of my life, because Asia was still Asia, because of the friendship, because of the hindsight...

...perhaps also because I know it printed big on Agfa Record Rapid. This is why I like it though it didn't really impress on TrekEarth.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:05 PM
TE Senior Member

Great question, Chen, and very interesting to see the others' picks (some true hidden gems there).

I'd probably pick <A HREF="http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo350446.htm">this one</A>, because it is a spontaneous moment that happened without any planning or "designing", and because for me it encapsulates the uniqueness and beauty of the place where it was shot.

In hindsight, I think it could do with some selective brightening though ...

N.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:48 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi Chen !
Interesting subject...
I think I'd choose this one.
It was taken during a fantastic trip to the Vezelay Basilic (Burgundy, France)...Uncredible place, very quiet and spirituous...
Christophe
Old 11-10-2006, 08:14 PM
TE Newbie

I'm really proud of this picture.
It's not an artificial composition. I really found this rose on a bench one evening, when I was on my way back home after a long studying afternoon. Anybody but me seemed to notice this extremely romantic scene...
The shot has also a special place in my heart because of the long post production work I made on it (and considering Iím a newbie Photoshop user I was very pleased with the result!).