Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 07-25-2006, 08:39 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Disregarded

I took my chill pill. Dont worry. What you said now is totally different from what you said before, dude.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:41 AM
TE Junior Member

"those with the highest points don't necessarily take the best photos"

Ah, this upset you. i'm sorry, you're brilliant, love your work.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:43 AM
TE Expert

Also, I have no clue wgere you see anger in my post. i basically asked you to explain your little theory that the high scores dont go to good photos. Its true that sometimes good photos are overlooked and underrated and other photos are overrated and get too many points relative to other photos that deserve as many or more based on quality. However, in general, good photos get more points than bad photos.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:46 AM
TE Senior Member

I didn't see much, if any difference between the tone and meaning in his original post and his follow up at all. Originally, he said those with the most points don't NECESSARILY take the best photos, as a follow up he said that many good images don't get the same scores as others which may not be as good. Other than the fact that he was speaking of members in a general way in the first post and photos in the second, I really don't see how his two posts are "totally different". Both statements seemed accurate and reasonable to me. I would say that if anything, he understated the differences.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:46 AM
TE Expert

I would ask you to stop putting words in my mouth. I told you two things alread:

1. What I disagreed with
2. nothing "upset" me. It seems you are the one raving against the unfairness of TE's scoring system. Seems you are upset. I have no reason to be upset.

Are you unable to hold a civil discussion? TE is a civil place, I suggest you take that to heart.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:48 AM
TE Senior Member

Rafal, James was not the only one who saw anger in your post. I saw it too and my coworker, reading over my shoulder, felt the same. Maybe you didn't mean to come across harshly, but you certainly did.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:49 AM
TE Expert

Tere was no anger Darren. Where did you see anger? If its obvious that the high scores dont go to good photos then where do the high scores go? by batural extrapolation of his statment to bad photos? id disagree. but whatever. Time to go and "trade some points with my cronies". Im outta here.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:51 AM
TE Junior Member

Tere? Darren? batural? statment?

Get some anger management therapy, fella.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:10 AM
TE Expert

Default And now...

You had so many answers... And I agree with them. I first began on TL because TE was too "big" to create links but I finally decided to focus on TE. And I don't regret it !!
I now wish we knew your response to all the people who answered you.
Regards,
Stéphane
Old 07-25-2006, 11:33 AM
TE Expert

Hi Yan,
Your photographs are criticized enough when one sees the little of criticisms which you write.

Then if you want more returns, it would be necessary to devote as many time to the two sites to be able to judge.

To persevere while taking part more in the community, it is all that I can give you like council.

Regards

Philippe