Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-09-2004, 07:33 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Draft Exhibition Agreement Ready for Review

To anyone interested,
I have completed a draft agreement and posted a copy for download and review [link removed as no longer necessary]. If anyone is interested in using this document please take a look and mail me via TE with any suggested modifications you might have. As we don't have much time I'd appreciate any comments by the end of July 11th. After that I'll send a copy of the contract to the organizer of the exhibition for review.

Once we have consensus on the document I will delete it and any future copies from the above location, so keep a copy locally for your own use in this project.

Disclaimer: Although I have been very careful in preparation of this document and customizing it for use in this large scale project, I am not a lawyer and the document comes with no promises from myself. I will use it, but any one that chooses too, does so at their own will.

Thanks,
Martin.

Last edited by Bayleaf; 07-12-2014 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:06 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Draft Exhibition Agreement Ready for Review

Hi Martin,

This is a very helpful piece of work on your part. My only concern (having dealt many times with client lawyers regarding such agreements) is that I'm not sure that we (or indeed they) have enough time to review and approve this before the start of the exhibition). As you probably already know, these things can take some time, and your clauses probably have to be checked for compliance with Italian law as well.

Anyway, as it is I'm happy to use this document. In an ideal world everyone else invited to participate will use it as well, so that we present a united front.

Cheers,

Ron.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:10 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Martin,

Thank you for all of your hard work. Even though, my head is still spinning from all the legal terms, it looks excellent on my part :D. I will also be using as well.

Thank you very much,
Thien
Old 07-09-2004, 08:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Default UPDATED: Draft Exhibition Agreement Ready for Review

I just updated the document to remove a typo pointed out by Mike [mdchachi]. Thanks Mike.

Ronners,
I totally agree. Time is short. I'm still hoping that we can work out any issues, as I'd like to use the document if possible. Let's see how things shape up in the next few days.

Thanks,
Martin.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:44 PM
TE Newbie

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for your help to all of us. The document looks very good and covers most important things for the use and copyrights.

Just one thing - there is the words "American Arbitration Association" should be noted for people outside of USA to replace with their country. Let us know if any update to the document. Thanks.

Way Sai
Old 07-09-2004, 09:13 PM
TE Junior Member

Nice work Martin !
Did you sent it to Ettore ?
Old 07-09-2004, 11:43 PM
TE Junior Member

It's not actually necessary to substitute that part. Agreements of this kind normally pick a jurisdiction and go with it, so this is standard practice.

Martin - I received an Email from Ettore (as I'm sure many others did) which leads me to believe that he'll pretty much sign whatever we present him with.

Ron.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:00 AM
TE Senior Member

Thanks a lot, Martin. I'll use it.
Yitzhak.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:00 AM
TE Junior Member

Default thanks martin!!

iŽll use it, thank you for your time,
elena
Old 07-10-2004, 05:48 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Way,
Ronners is right. You just need to choose somewhere. I actually removed the part where you state who will arbitrate and specifically where arbitration will take place to simplify filling out the form. Of course I looked into this first and found that it is not necessary to specify these details when signing the contract. In the (in this case) Photographer and Client can decide on a place etc. if the need to arbitrate arises.

A further complication is that this is an international contract. And there are only three countries, Canada, Mexico and the United States which will deal with arbitration on contracts between people in two different countries. At least this is what I got from a Web site I found. I think for simplicity it is probably best to leave this as it is. For more details take a look here.

Thanks very much for your input Way.

Regards,
Martin.