Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-08-2004, 06:07 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Possible TE Exhibition - Italy

I'd be happy to draw up a document, but I think the organizers must be used to this sort of thing, and therefore already have a contract drawn up. I will in the next few minutes email them again requesting a draft contract. If I hear nothing in the next few days I'll draw something up and post it or a link to it here for interest parties to comment on. If we agree on the contents we can send it as a group.
Thanks,
Martin (Bayleaf)
Old 07-08-2004, 06:09 PM
TE Senior Member

Thank you for coming in here to clear things up. It should be faster for you this way than to correspond with dozens of people.

Could you let us know what resolution & format you desire for the photos?
Old 07-08-2004, 06:24 PM
TE Newbie

Thank you for reminding me, Mike.
Actually, I didn't address the topic because yesterday I agreed with Adam about a general announcement on the issue of format and size of the files. But it won't cause any damage to tell it twice.

The right size is approx. 1MB, but we can accomodate up

to 3MB files (if you do not want to resize the photos) and we are happy also with smaller files if they are anyway bigger than the ones posted to TE.

As for the format, jpeg Maximum Quality Compression is pretty fine.

Ettore
Old 07-08-2004, 06:31 PM
TE Newbie

Thank you, Martin.
As I said in my previous post, we are not very much used to this kind of things.

Your help is appreciated. In Italy we say: "Patti chiari, amicizia lunga" (which means, more or less: the clearer is the contract, the longer will the friendship last). But we do not often do what we say.

Ettore
Old 07-08-2004, 06:48 PM
TE Senior Member

File size doesn't necessarily correlate directly to image size. Or by 1MB, you mean 1000x1000 pixels?
Old 07-08-2004, 07:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Ettore,
Thanks for your comments.

I now understand your requirements better and will put together an agreement within the next day or so. (It's now midnight in Japan, so I need to sleep.) By no later than during Saturday I will post the agreement here. We can then as a community if necessary modify the contents and send you the final document. We then need to agree on a method for actuating the agreement, but I imagine once we agree on the terms, we can simply mail the text and on receiving a reply agreeing to the terms from you, we'll send our requested photos.

We could perhaps work on a method of replying to all at once, to save you replying to many individuals.

Anyway, first I'll post the draft agreement to start working on. Give me a day a so.

Regards,
Martin.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:15 PM
TE Junior Member

This is why I hate writing in forums. Without seeing face to face, you never got your points through the right way :).

What you stated is exactly what I wanted, Jack. A limited usage related only to the exhibition. We are all in the same court here. We are not trying to ask for money from the museum for the exhibition. This is a great project for T.E. and more than that it fits the goal of T.E. "To learn about the world through photography". All of us would want to see that this project would come to fruition. That the museum is doing this exhibition is a wonderful idea, it's going to touch more than just those who have access to the internet.

Why did some members brought this document issue up? Because in the past, we have had members that have agreed to something like this and ended up having their pictures uses for commercial purposes. This is not about money, it is about protecting the rights of the T.E. members. We brought this issue up because we wanted to inform the member about their choices and consequences :D.

All and all, I think we have all talking about the same thing and I agree, this thread is getting long enough, let's ended it here. :D

Thien
Old 07-08-2004, 07:20 PM
TE Junior Member

Just found out about this thread, so wasn't able to react earlier. But better late than never: Adam, this is great! It is a very well deserved acknowledgement of the work you are putting into this website and something to be proud of. I'll keep an eye on the discussions that are ongoing on this subject and if I have the feeling that I can add some useful comments, I will step in. Cheers, Michael.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:05 AM
TE Newbie

For anyone interested, this appears to be the announcement for the TrekEarth visual trip around the World.

http://www.immaginarioscientifico.it/ita/notizie/news.htm

Congratulations to Adam for all his good work,and to all the participants.

Joe
Old 07-09-2004, 07:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Draft Agreement Ready for Review

I have completed a draft agreement and posted a copy for download and review [removed link as no longer necessary]. If anyone is interested in using this document please take a look and mail me via TE with any suggested modifications you might have. As we don't have much time I'd appreciate any comments by the end of July 11th. After that I'll send a copy of the contract to the organizer of the exhibition for review.

Once we have consensus on the document I will delete it and any future copies from the above location, so keep a copy locally for your own use in this project.

Disclaimer: Although I have been very careful in preparation of this document and customizing it for use in this large scale project, I am not a lawyer and the document comes with no promises from myself. I will use it, but any one that chooses too, does so at their own will.

Thanks,
Martin.

Last edited by Bayleaf; 07-12-2014 at 04:18 AM.