To emka: yes you are right - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2009-10-22 14:29

Hi Arnab, Wow, splendid panorama with Miramare. Is it there the castle and marina near it? There is also something far away on the promontory.But I do not know where is ICTP and SISSA building. There was a passage under the road to the park, I think. Interesting building on the mountain. Fantastic view, beautiful colours.

Regards

Malgorzata

Old 10-23-2009, 05:39 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: yes you are right

Dear Malgorzata,
you remember things almost perfectly :)
Indeed that is the Miramre castle at the end of the curve. i am not sure if something is clearly visible beyond it, but that part is the Sitiana bay, another beautiful bay area with pristine beaches... which extend up to the mouth of river Timavo. beyond that is the port of Monfalcone.

SISSA and ICTP are very difficult to stop in this shot, but I think I can see some white spot a little right to the castle and I would suppose that is one of the SISSA buildings.

The interesting 'trapezoidal' building on the top of the mountain is the Sanctuary of Monte Grisa, a very abstract looking church. One gets the best views of the whole province from that point.

Best regards,
Arnab