Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great daddo 2013-03-05 14:24

Hi Sue.Firstly welcome to TE.The image could be ruffling a few feathers but only for those individuals who swallow propaganda without questioning- and I mean from both sides of the spectrum. Bias is a difficult thing to control in oneself as we are all victims of government manipulation, wherever we live. If a culture does not stand up to globalization, its distinct features can be swallowed up by the predominant trendsetters and salesmen of "modernism/lifestyle", which is nothing more than cultural imperialism and profiteering at the expense of another's identity.The Iranians are holding on to their identity but at a cost. Yet we are all paying our dues in some form or other wherever we live.i do not know of a place where people are free, whatever that means.
The image is thought provoking. Some will see it as that, for others it will reinforce their prejudices.

As for the image itself, in the thumbnail the shadows and light were more pronounced and more powerful. I shall do some minor adjustments and you can judge whether there is an improvement. Regards. Klaudio.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
TE Newbie

Smile To daddo: Hi

Thanks for playing with the image - it does look a lot better that way. I've been finding that my images seem to come up a bit darker and flatter on TrekEarth than on my photoshop, probably some adjustments needed there.

This image isn't intended to ruffle feathers, but maybe make people think. On both "sides" there is ignorance and prejudice. Its a great gift to be able to differentiate between governments and the people. Those I met in Iran only showed me immense kindness and interest, their lives can be very hard in different ways to ours.

This image is meant to show an interesting, even humorous moment in time (I noticed a similar one first and then waited with my camera until it was repeated)
usually its combined with other images of Iran and therefore shows one aspect of life there.

Best wishes
Sue
Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Humour

We are on the same wavelength if you read the last sentence of my first paragraph. However, on my part I do not see the humour when one considers that the governments of both America and Iran are involved in a dangerous game and the drums of war can be heard in the distance. As for the hospitality of the Persians, it is part of their ethos. Regards. Klaudio.

Tags
iran, tehran