Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 05:55 PM
TE Senior Member

Default more controle...

About the forum item of Michelloupos : I reported the member in case, I found more photos that she stole (thanks to the links in the closed forum item). Until now she is not yet banned, hope to see that soon after the reports.
A proposol for TE : maybe it should be demanded to name the camera in your profile, and always adding the EXIF data with a posted photo. In that case it's easier to see if the photo is stolen or not (not always of course). For example : the member who Michelloupos was refering to in the closed forum item did NOT name her camera, and with her photos there was NO photo nor Exif data info...
Just a thought...
Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: more controle...

always adding the EXIF data

And what about those who shoot films, should they be ban from the site as well?
Old 10-16-2008, 06:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi again Luc,

Michelloupis, loupis hahaha :-D michelloupos :-D this was great! but a fantastic name indeed. Perhaps I will ask TE to change it.

Bye Luc
Thanks again
Nuno
Old 10-16-2008, 06:17 PM
TE Senior Member

You mean people who are not shooting digital, you mean ? OK, I didn't consider that, maybe an exception for them. But naming the camera-model would be a great help to start...
I still don't understand why a member who posts many stolen shots is not yet banned ?? I took a look at her gallery, used the links of another forum item and it is so clear that the shots are stolen... It takes only a few minutes to see that...
Sorry, but I find this very important to show this to everyone, especially for those who are acting the same way, so that they can see that such a behaviour is so disgusting...
Old 10-16-2008, 06:32 PM
TE Expert

But naming the camera-model would be a great help to start...

So someone who just open an account will just have to pick up any camera in the available list and get away with it. Pretty useless I'll say.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:32 PM
TE Senior Member

Sorry Nuno,

Michelloupis... I'll try to keep it in mind...
Old 10-16-2008, 06:34 PM
TE Senior Member

Green,

useless if it is a non-digital camera, but useful if it is a digital camera in combination with the exif data...
Old 10-16-2008, 06:38 PM
TE Expert

useless if it is a non-digital camera

Then he or she just has to pick up a film camera (and by the way non-digital camera does not exist, it's either digital or film camera)
Old 10-16-2008, 06:45 PM
TE Senior Member

non-digital or film camera, that's just a matter of language difference... I write English and understand English from school, and in those days "digital" photography did not exist...
I think you don't understand my thinking : when we see an identical photo on another website, and if we see there that is taken with a digital camera, and we can see what kind of camera (and maybe also the exif data), and we compare those to the camera (even film camera) that the member has in her profile, then we can already suspect so much...
Old 10-16-2008, 06:55 PM
TE Expert

Again, I trully think it's useless, there's nothing an exif will tell me more than my own eyes watching at the same picture posted by two differents persons. And make exif mandatory will not help detecting stolen picture.

And also, even digital shooter may not have exif available when posting depending on the software and workflow they use. What about them?