Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 01:10 AM
TE Senior Member

Default What the administrators wants to the site at least ? !

Mission
TrekEarth is dedicated to fostering a global community interested in photography from around the world. TrekEarth members strive to provide engaging photographs and useful critiques for each other and the entire internet community.

I became a member of this site since I saw it... as TL and TN...
I really like the way the sites work and so on...
But I really almost leaving this enjoying way of manage photos ( I'm not a professional one and I just love to see and even comment some of the beautiful images that are on it)!

Today I received a message from the administrators or some where they say That one of my photos was retired of MY gallery because of too much "thank you"...
the image was a LP of the "Portal de Antofagasta" where I received I think about 30 critics... ( I'm an engineer, but I hate the way the statistics are treated here... I think this is one of the causes of the race between participants in get more point than others )
I'm also a Brazilian native with German grandfather and grandmother
participant, I'm saying this just for you moderators that we don't know who are (I think this a bit strange, since in any other forum you KNOW exactly who are these people!) that I belong to a country where people are made of many other places and we are proud of it... this made us Latins and Brazilians WARM people full of happiness and joy of leaving... for us it's VERY easy to THANK someone who just say something about anything you did that please us..., if I liked a comment, a critique, I THANK this person as a matter of education that we received since childes...
So if the moderators cut off a image of mine like this I think there's a great inconsideration, not only to me, but also to the people that comment my photo and in the way the POINTS (so important... :( will be reduced....)
I think it's unfair too, because ALL MY IMAGES HAD thanks for the exactly ALL the people that lost their time to visit and comment my photos... so you moderators MUST cut off all my photos and comments I did..I NEVER write just "THANK YOU" in an automatic way without some other words writing many other things to all that person who wrote to me a comment...

I think that the MISSION of the sites are taking a very strange route now a days...

And finally I suggest that the TOS could simply prohibit to thank anyone (maybe the system points could be less "you point my photo, thanks, I point your..")

I would like to apologies to all the friends and people that I really learn to like here in the TE,TL and TN for this hate attack, you certainly don't deserves this... :(((

I will post this relief in TE, TL and TN

Tayon in TE and Taba in TL & TN
Old 10-16-2008, 01:31 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: What the administrators wants to the site at least ? !

Hi Tayon;

Sorry to hear about your image being removed, but I have to say that the "excessive thank you's" has been in place since very early on in TrekEarth (at least since I've been a member). I too had a shot removed for the same reason- and as it was explained to me, saying a random 'Thank You' to someone is not an issue, but when you are replying to every single person who'm commented or critiqued your photo... then it gets a bit excessive.

I'm sure the moderators removed one of your shots as a warning, I would take it as that and move forward keeping your replies more on topic to discuss certains things that were raised in their critique to you. Avoid replies such as;
'Thank for stopping by John, I appreciate your feedback'

All the best,
- Dan
Old 10-16-2008, 01:52 AM
TE Expert

It also happend to me, Tayon (in my 100th post). My argumentation was for them to delete the replies...it didn't work. Frustration, indignation, all those bad words.

Mande esses mané catá coquinho! but keep posting, as I'm doing!

Carlos
Old 10-16-2008, 02:09 AM
TE Expert

Hey- I had a Christmas Photo that got removed on Christmas eve because my frame had snowflakes on it... yeah that sucked but I learnt from it.
Same with you Carlos, I'm sure you learnt from having your 100th post removed and stopped writing the general 'Thank You' replies.

People break the speed limit in their cars, and complain about the consequences when they get a ticket from the police. I guess it's the same in TE. People know not to do it, then break the rules and bitch and complain at the consequences...

Interesting to say the least,
- Dan
Old 10-16-2008, 03:02 AM
TE Junior Member

Dan,
VERY well put.
Scott
Old 10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
TE Expert

I've learned with the punishment indeed. I just think it was too tough though...

anyway, you right...

Carlos
Old 10-16-2008, 02:25 PM
TE Expert

Dan,

IMO the comparaison with breaking spped limit is not good since "too fast" is an objective fact and "too much thank you" is a subjective one (I hope those words are OK in english).

Don't get me wrong, I know TE needs some rules and some moderators to apply them (and if you remember my posts on the forum I said it several time), BUT this issue of "too many thanks" is going way too far IMO. As it is well said in the very fist message, thank you doesn't mean the same think all over the world... They really have to think about that before more people leave TE (again!).

Loďc
Old 10-16-2008, 02:29 PM
TE Junior Member

Loic,

So you are saying that this is more drastic than getting into your wallet?

Can I borrow some money? Lot's of it....

Scott
Old 10-16-2008, 02:38 PM
TE Expert

Scott,

I'm afraid I don't get it... :-/ What did u mean?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:44 PM
TE Junior Member

Sorry must be lost in translation.

It was an attempt to show you that getting reprimanded by TE is not as serious as actually having to pay a speeding ticket with your hard-earned money.

If you think it is equal then maybe you CAN afford to lend me some money!

Did you get it?

:)