Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: What the administrators wants to the site at least ? !

Err... This comparaison was made by Dan... I was just saying I didn't agree with it...
Old 10-16-2008, 03:10 PM
TE Junior Member

You disagreed and said one is objective and the other is subjective.

Dan also said
"People know not to do it, then break the rules and bitch and complain at the consequences..."

I think you were disagreeing with that as well.

My whole point was that you thought that TE went (as you put it) "going way too far IMO" by punishing people for breaking the rules.
I was trying to say, it's NOT that damaging to anyone, removing some words that they write.
It's just not that big of a deal!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:43 PM
TE Expert

Not all is -thanks God (or whoever!)- about money. When you see long time member about to leave beacause of that issue, you may not agree with them but you must agree that there's a real problem, don't you think?

And BTW, those are not "some words" that are removed (that would be totally fair) but some photos... Not the same thing...
Old 10-16-2008, 06:18 PM
TE Junior Member

Yeah but I see it a little differently.
A "long-time" member should have known better. He should be MORE aware of the rules.
He shouldn't have to be punished. There used to be a rule about excessive thank you notes in the TOS.
Sure, removing a photo is more harsh than removing words but all-in-all they only removed it. The member still has the photo. He didn't get the photo taken from him. It only removed the posting of it. I think everyone seems to take everything out of proportion here. Don't get me wrong...I mean no disrespect but again, I must go back to the words that Dan wrote:
"People know not to do it, then break the rules and bitch and complain at the consequences..."
Old 10-16-2008, 06:35 PM
TE Expert

just out of curiousity, what's wrong with saying "thank you" even multipe times, we live in a pretty rough world where this sentence is very often forgotten, so I don't get the rules or the reasons behind the rules for that.

T#$%#$ you!! ;-)
Old 10-16-2008, 06:41 PM
TE Junior Member

Perhaps reading this thread may help.
Maybe not.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:47 PM
TE Expert

Every messages sent through the "reply" link near the critique, are posted in the "Photo" forum. This forum is dedicated to discuss about about the photo posted here. Using this link to only thanks people leaving a critique on your picture will only resulting in poluting the "Photo" forum with useless messages.

If you really want to thank someone about his/her comment, you can always use the "contact me" in his/her intro page.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 PM
TE Expert

good points, however seeing that most photo forum discussions don't have any replies except for the original response, and how many new threads are posted on hourly basis, I doubt many actually go to that forum to discuss the photo, which in turn makes the whole photo forum pretty useless.

THANK YOU ;-)
Old 10-18-2008, 03:09 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi Daniel

Maybe I still wrong, and keep on this way, but I really wanna THANK you for the words of incentive to keep on Trek sites and the explanation of the cause of the "cut off" a member photo... But, as you and I, I think many other member on the Trek sites are filling just the same...
I would like to know WHY a polite act like a "THANK YOU" for spend your time to see and critique my image in a site that has so many beautiful posts that just this to me, is a good reason to "THANK" anyone.
this simple fact could be so terrible that the administrators or (worst) some moderator will censure me and take off my image ? just wondering..
As you say maybe too much.. replies... I know the TOS and I agree with you somehow.., but tell me how can I choose the members that I should or not say "THANK YOU"...in a rating of, say 30 members? just my friends here ? randomly ? or even worst, in return to any point I received for any member ?
Sorry but I think these are the wrong way, we are as the MISSION of the trek sites (I put this in the beginning of the forum) a no just friends site, we are much more than this, we are here to know other people experiences, friends or not.
What I really like here is to know other places through other people nations, their images and way they fell communicate trough their images.
that's it! I can imagine that a little text, or much many could spend much space that just one image...
I received some particular e-mails from other people that s you and me here where also penalized whit this TOS...beside the pertinent opinions from Carlos, Loic, Homerhomer here; maybe this specific TOS could be more "human" about these facts.. or better... "it's completely forbidden to send any kind of THANK or whatever to a image criticized" just in the particular e-mail... At least this could be as green wrote also!! this is more fair, We CAN KNOW exactly and objectively that "thank you" is a fault, otherwise what is "excessive thanks you's" means a percentage of the number of the critiques ? a number ? a moderator judgment ? Let's play fair...

Thank you too Scott! I really like your comments and participation in the Trek forum, they are very elucidative and pertinent, but apologizes me please, in my sad brain I see you as a kind of "Dart Vader" of the trek sites in defense of the "dark side of the imperial (Administrators)"... you never be in the right side of the force... the members, you always think in a way that the TOS is immutable... please don't get me wrong... I still believe in it!, but I think rules are made to change accord the real necessity of the people witch who works with it! us! and and same change is health sometimes... We could think about this more carefully...if many people (a very good people!) in the trek sites are being penalized... read more carefully the Loic participation on this topic (2008-10-16 6:25) ... I'm not alone!.. :))

And just more one thing:
the image that was "cut off" or removed as you prefer was around here (I think) for about 6 months.. I imagine that about 30 persons wrote some critique on it, and when I received the notification of the image remotion I fell sad for then who wrote a critique and received as a premium, a lack of points...
Dan wrote also: "I'm sure the moderators removed one of your shots as a warning" AS A WARNING????!!! What a strange criteria ! remember what I wrote kidding obviously :) about the dark side of the force.. could I receive yet another WARNING ? How could I know ? which image could be the next ??

and the final to you Scott, I swear.... :) when I post an image in the trek sites besides the fact that I lost some time to do it, (but this part for sure you love just like me) I think about the sharp, the light, the composition, and the object and the image as a final product... this is part of me, you probably could did the same thing with other vision and result, so... this is not just an image! "it only remove the posting of it" (2008-10-16 10:18) can you see what I mean ?? I was an image of your? I think as you, we are SHARING (and this is the final TOS for me)!!! what we like most to do to being in a site like this...sharing and knowing and growing my level as a amateur photographer and meeting people.. That's what I mean in TL, TN, TE..
I would like that it could be easier not a frightening experience..
I love you all!
Namaste

Tabajara
Old 10-18-2008, 03:28 PM

If the image that was removed really had been around for about 6 months, and I'm not doubting the word of Tabajara, then I agree that it's removal was a ridiculous over reaction by the mods. As mentioned, it's insulting to the effort put in by the many people who had put the time and effort into critiquing the image.
There is certainly a perception at present that a mod, or mods, is on something of a power trip with the number of posts about removal of images seemingly increasing markedly recently.
Finally, as others have already mentioned, the rule about excessive Thank You's seems to have been removed from the TOS. That being the case what are the ground for removing an image if the 'tog thanks critiquers? Again it has all the signs of a power trip.
All sites require rules, but for rules to be effective the membership needs to know what they are!