Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-22-2006, 04:12 PM
TE Newbie

Default Magnum wants to hear from you

Hi, in preparation for the new year, i'd love to hear some of your ideas for how Magnum can improve its current website (www.magnumphotos.com), and also, what Magnum could be doing online "outside" of the normal Agency structure. E.g. what would you like to see Magnum doing online outside of our normal 'photo licensing' business?

Crazy but realistic ideas welcome!

Thanks in advance
Matthew
Magnum Photos
Old 12-23-2006, 02:12 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: Magnum wants to hear from you

So some of the pics and I would say those are great pics!

Is this an exclusive club? Does anyone can register and post their pics? :)
Old 12-23-2006, 03:38 AM
TE Expert

Its not that exclusive. You just have to be one of the best photographers in the world to join LOL
Old 12-23-2006, 03:37 AM
TE Expert

How about a partnership? And some recruitment from TE?:)
Old 12-27-2006, 04:20 PM
TE Junior Member

Anyway, Magum would like to hear from you, that means a good beginning, right? :)
Well, for me, that's a great website that I can see now. It has been improved so much in a short time, making photos with multimedia, keeping up the old style it has, offerring the different photos to different audiences as well...but maybe it is an exclusive club, for example, most of the photos shown the openning China I can see that are all from one photographer, which was just his view, but it would make many western people think that China would be like that. so why not to open another window on the web for the amateur photographers, for the readers who love Mugum so much, which like National geographic site.

Also, I cannot see what different between sign in or not, has it?

Just an advice, a little crazy but it is by heart.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 AM
TE Expert

Hello Matthew,
Thanks for turning to us for opinions. There is a hardcore of Magnum fanatics on this site and I am one of them. I agree 100% with Mingfang that you have taken an already decent site and improved it tenfold in a very short time.
Here's my suggestion (I know it might sound sophomoric but...):
Include a Tips and Advice from the Pros section (Nat Geo does) where some of your younger members share experiences and techniques with readers. It would be such a generous thing to do...
Best wishes to all at Magnum,
Francis
Old 01-17-2007, 11:22 PM
TE Junior Member

Yes, a section like that would be very interesting.

greg
Old 01-24-2007, 10:51 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for putting this subject on forum.
Well, What Ming & Francis has said may be right at some extent. It depends how you watch magnum.

In fact, I suggest you to put the question list which will talk various part of web page & will ask member to fill out. It will connect different points like Look & feel, Appearance, Functions, Linking,
& also the view of viewer includes business prospective, General viewer etc etc.

If you take just as one web site as one subject. You will get most of the personal opinions. I like it or not or Bla bla. :D

As far as my personal opinion concerned, In look & feel..true magnum is far better than what it was..
Also it is great to keep on Screen wall updated time to time & reflect as much as photos to viewer from various photographer & As business prospect this should really work fine & help magnum to come out all the issues which they are facing. :{

Well, but as a regular viewer of magnum I really hate current site of magnum. I mean It is too much automated & like auto changing of screen works really fast & irritating. Though it can controlled by clicking those buttons (Hidden though on screen) but those functions are far difficult to understand and once you understand that it is easy to operate. but till that time it is pain.

About filters, Filtering is really strong one & you can squeeze to exact requirement what you are looking for . But at time filter hold unnecessary strings that really are not in line with selected photographer.
Even while filtering, list of photographer also contented some unnecessary names..(may be of agency) that need to be separated.

I many times get upset of hyper linking.
If I am planning to debate with someone about particular image, & if I link it. Link takes me to 1st general search page.
Of course, I am free viewer & not going to add any VALUE in terms of $$$ directly but may be my hyper linking can!!!!!
In fact this might have done purposely to avoid illegal transaction of copyright photos etc.but even though...

I am writing it randomly so I am not much accurate but in case of some spare time I can even provide sort of example too.

Another thing, feed back function.
Thousands of people keep on watching magnum & for me 3-4 times in day but If I want to give some feedback whom too??
It might assumed that since you are the in charge for web..can be asked to you..but again this is if & but..
Clear feedback button is necessary I feel.

Same case for the queries, I think.
of course it is burden to reply the queries & most of the time queries are not valid if viewer is general viewer & not going to add any value to business prospects. ;)

Regards,
Old 01-24-2007, 03:59 PM
TE Junior Member

I always appreciate Shailendra Shinde' view. he always take so many good and fresh ideas. just send my green smile if no Magnum respond :)

Regards,
Mingfang
Old 01-24-2007, 04:02 PM
TE Junior Member

:D

Yeah
Sending soon
;)