Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

snunney 2016-07-29 5:21

Hello Ike,
A delightful atmospheric composition. Agreeable lights and colours; very good sharpness.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:34 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation To snunney: critiques

Hello Stephen,
There is a standard set by TE to show your appreciation to someone photos, and that corresponding to an allotment of 20 critiques per day.
As I realized for a long time now, I am at the bottom of your list, receiving critiques, among other members, at the very least of your preferences.
I do not mind about points and green smiley's, I have enough points – and I can understand if this happening on rare occasions, when you saw a great photo you were in a hurry not to miss… But still - I see its your way of dealing a daily technique with people's photos among mine. No other member doe's this as a routine.
Hope you see this as a constructive remark, not to argue with you nor harassing, by no means.
Sincerely,
Ike
Old 07-29-2016, 03:06 PM

Members are free to critique, or comment on, as many images as they wish although only 20 per day can be given smileys / points. Is your complaint the fact that Stephen puts the effort in to critique more than 20 images in a day, or that your image didn't receive points because he had critiqued 20 before getting to yours?
Old 07-29-2016, 03:26 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation Critique

Its not the question of green points at all, I have lots of those, Keitht, it's the habit of doing it day after day. Picture after another picture posted.
As stated, there is a standard set by TE to show one member's appreciation of other's photos, there is always the next day to show it if one is running out of smileys. I never do this, I do not see other members conduct their critiques that way. If I do not like a photo or a written note - I try to disregard it altogether.
20 per one day is a good number, limited - but enough for everyone. So if I feel that I am as the last to get a good critique, why bother at all.
And I will say it again: There is always the next day to show what you like in photos.
Sincerely,
Ike

Last edited by ikeharel; 07-29-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:49 PM

I really think you are reading too much into Stephen's actions. If 50 images are posted in a day, and he has the time and desire to comment on each and every one, that surely is his choice. One of the main functions of the site is to critique or comment on images and I applaud anyone and everyone who takes the time to do that. You say that points and smiley faces don't matter to you so I really don't understand why you think there is a problem.
If your suggestion of waiting until the next day was adopted then all that would result is newer images would never get critiques.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:04 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation Critique

You missing the whole issue.
Probably no point to argue about green points, but, and this is a big BUT:

Less and less members are nowadays posting photos, I try to give good ideas and some fairness to members I write to - so the site will still manage to draw photos and members presence.

I love this site and enjoy looking at photos from around our small planet, and than writing 20 critiques daily to other members, even if they never write ANYTHING to me. When I see a good photo, I come to review even days after the day it was posted.
Sure, a democracy is a nice notion, but people still are no robots and see how other were treating them.
I wish to end this discussion, yet remain faithful to the site, I am here for the photos and people behind.
Have a nice weekend,
Ike

Last edited by ikeharel; 07-29-2016 at 06:38 PM.