To tyro: Thanks - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great yaya13baut 2012-11-30 9:18

hi,
a good panoramic composition of this fishing port, along the poles and their reflections into a strange and attractive mood.
interesting light, from behind the clouds.
the HDR treatment is bearable for me who don't like when it's too strong.
Yannis

Old 11-27-2012, 11:30 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To tyro: Thanks

Thanks John

First of all we've had some sadness in the family, so it's taken a while to get back to taking photos.

All I can say to your crit is Wow!

I saw the yellow building from the other side of Thames & got a shot of it earlier, but when I stepped out onto the roof here it just sung. I did another shot with the Shard facing the other way. It's a bit less dramatic, but makes a nice contrast.

So glad you enjoyed it and many thanks.

Alastair
Old 12-01-2012, 01:30 AM
TE Expert

Default Sadness...........

Dear Alastair,

I'm sorry that you have had some sadness in your family and I hope that time and God will help to heal that.

But it's great to see you back - I have really missed your pictures from East Lothian, especially the pictures of those youngsters jumping into the freezing water at Dunbar! And I haven't seen one of my other "favourites", Lisa (jarvmobile) for a while either - I think she lives in or near East Linton too but I'm not sure what she's up to these days. Perhaps she's just got fed up with TrekEarth?

And I hope you didn't mind my "poaching" on your territory with my pictures of Tantallon, the Bass Rock, St. Baldred's Boat and Preston Mill earlier this year! I discovered that fabulous tiny little harbour at Seacliff - it really is wonderful and I really must go back there sometime soon to have another look and try to get some decent pictures next time. Do you know Jack Dale who apparently harbours his boat there and fishes for lobsters? He sounds like he might be quite a fascinating chap.

Kindest Regards and Take Care,

John.